LegacyGT.com

Modded miles

I am curious to see how well the leggy is handling mods. Who has the most miles(20k+) with stage 2 or higher, and have you had any problems. I heard some people saying the tmic can develop problems at stage 2 levels. Other than that though.

i have about 13k miles on my protune....did a whole bunch of datalogging the last few days just cause it's warm out. I don't think it could run any better. The only problme to date is a toasted EGT sensor....which isn't even needed anymore casue i don't have a car in the UP

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I am guesstimating that I'm about at the 9K mark at typical "Stage II" - albeit mine is ECUTek'ed (i.e. akin to a ProTUNE; mine was "live" dyno-tuned).

There's been I believe, around two or three cases (documented here through posts) of the stock TMIC's end-tabs seeming to have come apart under higher boost, but to-date, I do not believe that anyone has conclusively traced this down to being a boost-pressure issue, or whether if certain tanks simply left as-is from the factory, and either were never discovered to show such defects until date of exam (i.e. it was overlooked), or did show such tab issues from what one must assume to be "the beginning" or at least at stock boost levels.

This small number is itself a very small proportion of those who are "Stage II," however, at the same time, it must be said that there is not an insignificant proportion of "Stage II" owners who have upgraded to aftermarket TMICs, and thus have essentially dropped-out of the sample pool and may have skewed the ratio, especially over the longer term.

As such, I'd say that it's something that's worth keeping an eye on, but not necessarily - at least to me - something to cringe and lose sleep about "right away."

If you have the funds, I'd say go for an upgrade...not only will it virtually eliminate this concern, but it's also "good for your car" and will help performance, too. However, if funds are lacking, it's not necessarily such a critical durability/reliability issue that I'd truly pursue on an emergent basis, unless you are seeing such failures first-hand, on your specific vehicle.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I was using a Perrin TMIC up until March of this year. No problems with the stocker though to this point....it only has about 5-6k on it.

I'll say this though the stocker looks like a toy in comparison to the Perrin;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Archived