LegacyGT.com

Door stuck closed?

Has anyone experienced their driver door being stuck closed?

I was inside all day, car was out in the sun all day. I come out to my car to go home and I can't open my door. The remote was working (the other doors were locking/unlocking) but I couldn't open my door. So I used my key. I still couldn't open my door after several lock/unlock attempts with the key. There was no give...it felt like the door was still completely locked.

My husband who had taken my car to go get lunch said he had a problem opening the door after lunch as well.

I finally yanked the door open. I closed opened/closed the door about 5 times before the latch felt like it was back to normal again.

Has anyone else experienced this?

A-B-C, 1-2-3.

Love my RBP GT!

perhaps that doors lock has a malfucktion:icon_bigg
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

I have been having the same thing happen to my RF door. When the car has been parked in the sun for awhile, the outside door handle is really stiff to operate. It feels like it would be really easy to break it off. Once the door cools, it is back to normal.

Steve

Mine didn't have to do with heat, at least I don't think so. My left rear door handle actually pulled partway out (protruded more than it should) though still worked...until the other day when I closed the door and it would not latch, until the last try when I heard a bunch of parts falling inside the door. Now the handle does not work, but at least the door stays shut. I should call Subi this week. </sigh>
neil

It isn't the child safety lock...that only affects when you're IN the car. I was on the outside trying to get in. Plus, there is no child safety lock for the driver's door.

My door handle is not protruding either.

This is what I was experiencing...try to open the door when the door is locked...you can pull all you want, but it won't open. That's what I was experiencing. Then after the fifth time of trying to key turn/pull handle/key turn/pull handle/key turn/pull handle/ket turn/pull handle, it finally opened. I shut it, wouldn't open again until second tug. Then every subsequent attempt was easier and easier until it was back to normal.

Everything is normal now. I'll phone Subaru to see what they say.

A-B-C, 1-2-3.

Love my RBP GT!

Oh yeah, Seattle weather is horrible. No reason for a dry climate type to want to be here. The sun makes its usual summer appearance in mid July & can be turning toward fall by mid - late August. So much rain moss grows on our tires too. Gore-tex is the standard item of garmentry and wind so bad an umbrella is a liability. The state animal is a slug. Hey, ain't that why Subie's are the weapon of choice up here? Thought so!

Archived