LegacyGT.com

got my kicks done :)

16psibrick

got my kicks done today and man, without any tuning and settings adjusted, they sound phoenomenal already :)

the sepakres are DLS top of the line nobelium 6.5 component sets, lined in suede, molded off the floor and the stock kick panel piece :)

i am very happy with how this set sounds, imaging is centered, staging is at eye level and honetly, not a lot of leg room taken up :) i could have build them more off axis to save space but i dont mind personally since i have been driving around with kicks for 10 years :)

so close now to getthing things done :)

the progress of how these were built can be found here:

http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/index.php?showtopic=45993&pid=600027&st=0&&do=findComment&comment=600027entry600027

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/legacy132.jpg

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/legacy133.jpg

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/legacy134.jpg

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/legacy135.jpg

http://simplicity.elitecaraudio.org/legacy136.jpg

not a lot of leg room taken up :)

That's good. It looks like it takes up alot from those pics. Great install. Can't wait to see it when it's all done.

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

its relative...i have build abou 100 some odd pairs of kcisk over the years, and considering the amount of space we have down there, an that i turned htem as much on axis as i can, it relaly isnt a lot of space...more space can be saved with a more off axis set up :)

everytime i build them or post pics of them, i get a lot of people saying:

1. i will never get used to something like this

2. i will damage it with my feet

3. wont it sound like its all coming from down there?

well...i tell everyone of my customers that if they cant get used to the kicks iwth in a week, or they ever damage them with their feet, i will refund them and put the speakres in stock locations...

in the last 8 years or so, i have never had anyone come back :p

as for how it sounds...i think there are enough sound quality epople in this forum to know what i mean when i say its a night and day difference compared to stock locations

where did you clutch and dead pedal go? :icon_conf

AUTO

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Brick - thanks for understanding it was a joke.

Secondly though ... you could seriously fit kicks in a MT with this? I don't think I could pull that off. Of course, I'm 6'2" with large feet that barely fit under the dash to begin with, so maybe my frame of reference is somewhat skewed.

Pretty fit you got with those, I can see you've done a few pairs.

Not to be critical, but you've got to change the grille setup - too overbearing. WAAAAAY too overbearing. IMO of course. Can you do a stealthier setup, or at least lower key? They remind me of the chain-link steering wheel in Cheech & Chong's car.

Do you have any shots of some 5 1/4" kicks? What's the footprint like vs the 6.5's for reference? SQ notwithstanding.

i mostly dont do 5.25" kicks, though i have done them before, i will see if i have some pics...

as for the grilles, i am representing the DLS grille simply becuase i am a dealer...i could have chosen to do a flsuh mount with my own grille but i wanted the DLS to be fully repfresented :) so no changing hte grille for me :)

its the DLS logo by the way :) and is present on all their products, surpised you didnt say it looks like a basketball haha

i have 6'1 with size 13 feet so...hehe trust me i can fit kicks in a manual...wont be the same desing but...

about half of the kicks i have built are for manuals, the most extreme being a set of morel 8" coaxials in the kicks of a nissan sentra se-R spec V six speed :) no interference what so ever hehe

b

i will say this, even though people never believe me, everyone's foot gets used to it in no time, my left foot bends at an angle now natrually, regardless of if the car has kicks or not :)

b

I don't know if going clubfoot is worth it for sound quality! :lol:

You tryin' to tell us sumpin'...braggart. ;)

Funny you say that. I had a disturbing experience on my birthday this year. I visited my sister in Denver and to kill some time before dinner, we went shopping for shoes. I was whining that one pair made it look like I had HUGE feet. My sister just said "that ain't a bad thing." From anyone else it would be funny. From my sister it's a little creepy :lol:

not really planning on selling these, though i have sold probably about 20 sets for volvos when i had my 850...i will consider it...

perhaps i can just get a fellow member to take a listen to them, and they can see for themselves if the effort is wroth it :)

and no, yo wont go club foot, i certainly am not :D

b

oh about the floormat comment, i do plan to do a custom set...

but if anyone had carpeted floor mats, it wouldnt bge a big deal, the mold would take place with the floor mats in place so it would be shaped to fit the carpetd mad in place :) also, a different design can easily takt he kick panel so it doesnt touch teh floor at all, hence all mats would fit :)

i did my kicks this way not to save the most space nor to accomodate all the mats, i did it more for on axis response and maximum sq :)

Dude, those speakers look awesome!!!

I had a real quick question...that is an LGT? I just want to make sure, because I noticed that the lever on the floor that is used to open the gas cover only has a lever for the gas. In my '05 LGT that lever is about half the size, and I have a second lever there to open the trunk.

Archived