LegacyGT.com

Subaru Wave

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

+1 on In Town - '05 & '06 Legacies & Outbacks. XT'ers I try to give a solid thumbs up. Very few GT's or WRX's around here to even try. Never get a nod or a wave back.

+1 on In Mnts - All subarus...actually, in MT, pretty much any time you pass any car or truck on mnt roads people wave/nod, not sure why, just a friendly thing to do I guess. So it doesn't mean much specifically. ~edit~ (The "elevation" or conditions which make this practice obligatory is whenever the mnt. road becomes dirt, and even more so when its 1 1/2 to 1 lane wide, so that one person has to stop, or both drivers have to drive v. slow, giving you time to nod/wave and nod/wave in return to oncoming traffic.)

On the interstate, if I pass someone going the same direction w/an Outback, I also give them a solid thumbs up, but so far I've gotten zip in response, even from fellow XT owners who clearly saw me. Last one was even a GOLD XT, just like mine. He looked at me like I was crazy...how could he not get a thumbs up with a mirror image of his car lookin at him? WTF?

Wait, I did have one positive response - first road trip with the car (fiance stayed at home :icon_twis ) a legacy wagon full of college girls headed back from spring break gave me the wave and mouthed, "Nice Car." That was pretty sweet, but about the extent of any acknoledgement from others on the road.

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

I wave at most all turbo Scoobies, I rarely ever get a wave back. I've been suprized and waved to by a white WRX wagon driven by a 25~30 year old guy, and a WR blue WRX (maybe debadged STi w/ fogs) on base driven by a 20~25 year old guy. One jerk I waved at in a silver WRX turned his hat sideways and threw up a gang sign...I hate retards.

Actually I never give a big, open handed "howdy-diddley-do" wave, but first two fingers on left hand from the stearing wheel.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

i wave at all LGT/subaru drivers if they look younger or have anything done to their car..i wish people would acknowledge me :(..damn negative turbo

Sorry, but I don't wave at non-turbo cars (unless waved at, always return a wave) because most people who drive them just don't have a clue and I get tired of being looked at like I have a second head growing out of my neck.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

I have received and given waves. the latest to another silver LGT in Schaumburg, IL.

Another note, a couple of months ago I parked at night in this homedepot parking building (3 stories on halsted/diversey, chicago). the place was completely empty bec it was after hours. I return to my car to see a perfect looking blue WRX STi parked right next to mine and a note on my windshield - "nice car." I returned the favor and took pics with my cell. my girlfriend thought I was nuts and stupid. I guess it is kind a silly, but cool nontheless.

• 1 month later...
Sorry, but I don't wave at non-turbo cars (unless waved at, always return a wave) because most people who drive them just don't have a clue and I get tired of being looked at like I have a second head growing out of my neck.

So, you don't wave to prior generation GT's?

Who Dares Wins

スバル

So, you don't wave to prior generation GT's?

Usually, no. This is because I so very rarely see them, and when I do, they’ve normally been people who’d give me the "why-do-you-have-third-eye-in-the-middle-of-your-face" look. However, that being said if I were to see a car being driven by someone who had either obviously modified the car, or even looked like an enthusiast I’d certainly waive.

EL4NFZT7

my fiance waved at any wrx when we had ours, even if we were not in it. if you think you are getting the child molester looks in a subaru, try being in a camry. I only get a response form modded wrx's and sti's... and that one cool lady in the only other gt that i have seen in motion here in the bay area.

I saw a woman at the light, in the exact same car and color as my black LGT wagon.

I was gonna wave, but she looked so mean/ pissed-off that I decided not to.

Maybe 'cause she expected to be the only black one in the area?! :confused:

Or maybe 'cause I had just washed mine!! :icon_bigg

Earlier today I was cruising across I-40 West to Amarillo about 85 and got my doors blown off by a silver tinted LGT...anyone have any idea who that might have been? Looked like he had Arizona tags on, though as fast as the car went by I'm not sure. Couldn't tell if I got the wave in reply to mine, it was a silver dot in a rapid way!!

Very few LGTs around here. I saw an '05 LGT sedan yesterday and prepped my waving hand...and I swear Saddam Hussein was driving! Guess the Whitehouse was right about him and WMDs. Anyway, the guy didn't even notice another LGT right beside him. I guess the truth is that, to some, the LGT is just another car.

I do get the wave or the head-nod if and only if …I’m driving like a bat out of hell and I come up next to another suby (WRX or LGT). Most of the time people don’t even notice. But I usually know who is and who isn’t going to wave…….you can tell by just looken. (That’s kinda obvious) but yall know what I mean…..

Got another wave from a guy passing my house in a rumbling Impreza RS coupe.

It must be my DIY grill that makes it unique around this town that doesn't have much LGT's. Not to mension a black LGT wagon.

There are so many Subaru here in CO you will be waving to every other car on the road. It's pretty cool to exchange waves thou. Kindda of an acknowledgement between car enthusiasts. I usually get the wave with older Z-car drivers while I’m in my 300ZX. Not so much the 350Z guys, I guess they just don’t understand…

i wave to most every sub i see on the road, howveer i get very few waves back and lots of blank stares, we are trying to get a small club together in our local area of people who own subies, enthusiasts or not..maybe then they will wave too

jerami - I thoght of that when i beeped and waved to a woman who had 2 OB's in her driveway. She looked at me like, WTF?!

That may be because she didn't know who i was or didn't recognise it was a Leggy i was in. Some don't realize what the '05 & '06 Leggys are... yet! The '05 &'06 OB's look, but don't wave. There're too many pre '05 OB's to wave at. Not alot of Leggys of any year .

Then again, I think the majority peeps here in VT are stuck-up. They'll wave if it doesn't look like theirs (different color, wheels, etc) or if they're younger. But most usually won't wave at all.

I'd guess it's like a woman at a party finding another woman wearing the same dress. :icon_mad:

But we're also trying to get a local club or meet w/ members on here. Maybe if it works they'll get hip to "the wave"!!

Archived