LegacyGT.com

Good roads in the MA area (NH , ME) feel free to join

GuyGanj

Hi, I'm relatively new to the area and looking for

some good roads to have at it with my lgt.

any suggestions?

oh and cop risk meter will be appreciated too (1-10)

your car can be fast and fun but what good is it

if you have no where good to drive it..:confused:

THANKS!

RTE 31 North out of Wilton, NH. Used to be my test track.
Haha, I used to live in Amherst - ditto.

The Kangamangus highway (AKA NH 112 between Conway and Lincoln) is fun on a weekday, but a bit far from Boston.

I wouldn't push it on any public road, though, insurance is high enough already.

Quite a few clubs have track days or driving schools there. Most street cars can run 2-3 laps without any overheating or brake fade problems. New England Region SCCA just had one there.

Their autocross schedule has started. http://www.ner.org/

Who Dares Wins

スバル

There are a lot of fun roads in central MA, from Princeton West to and around the Quabbin Reservoir.

There a little busy in the Fall, but pretty empty otherwise. Having a GPS is great because you can just meander around and still know where you are and how to get back.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

The Kangamangus highway (AKA NH 112 between Conway and Lincoln) is fun on a weekday

Kangamanguus is fun. There used to be a miles of logging roads just north of Wilton. I learned to race on those, lap after lap.

"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

Kangamangus is great!!! Took my car up there this past Fall right after i got it.

Anyone up that way ever go on those dirt roads thru the woods outside on North Conway? Robinlsb is this what you were talking about?? Hard to explain but they seem like access roads and some of them end up at hiking trails etc. Hope someone is familiar so i dont look like a douchebag!

Its funny on the Kangamangus, this was my first time ever on a real road with the drivers ed teacher when I was 16. It was actually a turbo Subaru wagon from the 80's (I think the 84 before it got boxy).

She took me along it in the spring so she could watch the ice break along the swift river.

The Kangamangus highway (AKA NH 112 between Conway and Lincoln) is fun on a weekday

Kangamanguus is fun. There used to be a miles of logging roads just north of Wilton. I learned to race on those, lap after lap.

+3 on "used to live in Amherst- Gray Street to be exact, right next to the high school. Lots of good roads around Quabbin, also some good twisties in Lakeville (between the ponds/lakes).:icon_bigg

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Well, just got my Popular Mechanics in the mail and they have an article "USA's 25 Hottest Roads". They listed only 2 "Hot" roads in New England, the Green Mountain Getaway, Rt. 100 from Waterbury to Killington and Kancamangus, Rt. 112 from Lincoln to Conway.

Archived