LegacyGT.com

Help fitting of rear STi calipers to Legacy

Why

Like it says I have STi Brembo rear calipers, I have also managed to souce STi size rotors with the 170mm handbrake which i now have but what nobody in Australia seems to be able to supply is (brackets/dogbones) so i can finnish the job. Has anyone got or no where to get such an item or does anyone have a drawing for them so i can get them made up here.

Thanks in advance

My original rotors were 290 x 18mm the new ones are 316 x 20mm same as the STi.

Everyone who has done them have had custom bracket's made, myself included. I have TWR Racing 2pc rotors, and they offset the rotor to hub mounting from the oem Sti rotor, so even though I can get the brackets made, they wouldn't be of any use to you.

I suppose if I had the dimensional differences, between them , my machineshop guy could make adjustments? LEt me try to call Jack@TWRRacing and see what assistance he could give....

it is the same bolt spacing as the 2 pot rears

i know thati have seen the bracket sold on auctions..yahoo.co.jp

the other option is to see if you could have the r180-hub backing plate pressed on to the legacy rear hub

ah after searching through 75 pages

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e56057785

Nice find!

They have shoes for Brembos?!? Those look like they are for drums.

Nice find!

They have shoes for Brembos?!? Those look like they are for drums.

Those shoes are for the parking brake. On our cars it is 170mm, but on Sti's its 190mm. In order to retain the use of the PB, you need to either sleeve the rotor, or use custom shoes such as these...

it is the same bolt spacing as the 2 pot rears

i know thati have seen the bracket sold on auctions..yahoo.co.jp

the other option is to see if you could have the r180-hub backing plate pressed on to the legacy rear hub

ah after searching through 75 pages

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e56057785

Awesome find!!!

These brackets plus Brembo's 2-Pot Gold rear brake upgrade for the WRX = STi rear brakes on the Legacy! Sweet.

Rinkya here I come....

Rinkya.com allows buyers to purchase items through Yahoo Japan even if the seller won't ship overseas, Rinkya buys the item on your behalf (like a proxy bidder) and then ships it to the buyer.

:D

Dammit....around $400 through Rinkya.....

Why can't anybody make these here in the U.S.?

I'd buy tonight if they were more reasonable!

If they're the same as the brackets for mounting the older 2-pots on the the rear of an R160 equipped Imprezas then I think that Kartboy is making them. At least in limited numbers so they may not be on their website.

If they're the same as the brackets for mounting the older 2-pots on the the rear of an R160 equipped Imprezas then I think that Kartboy is making them. At least in limited numbers so they may not be on their website.

Unfortunately, although the Legacy does use the R160 rear diff...the caliper mounting points are different than the Impreza's...so it's not the same bracket.

Archived