LegacyGT.com

Will you pissed if Subaru...

Shalom! With the lower than expected sales for the Legacy, what if Subaru decided to throw in HIDs, 6spd and Navi for the 2006 Legacy for the same price will you be pissed? Don't tell me about Subaru will not blah blah blah. This is just a hypothetical question (hope it comes to realization thought!). I know, those who bought an 05 will prolly have a year of enjoyment, but I know I would be upset with Subaru if they indeed produced a more equipped 06 model for the same money.

I gotta agree with Sube 555. 6sp--interesting, but the ratios in the 5 sp are good, the tranny itself (i believe) is strengthened to avoid any WRX type problems, and the STi 6sp has the same (or very similar) final cog ratio as the 5 sp. I'd only be looking for a 6sp if it offered a significantly lower cog for highway efficiency, and I don't know if that is a realisitic option. HID--nice to have, but look at it from this perspective. The projection lights (I think) are quite effective, and have to be cheaper than HIDs since there is no ballast or other accompanying circuitry. Also, I've heard rumors of HIDs getting ripped off. Not so for halogens. Nav--I like maps. But if I felt I needed a nav system, I believe there are a number of aftermarket ones that do a really great job, in some cases better than factory systems. Just my 2 cents. Best-- Marc

[quote name='wunderkind']Shalom! With the lower than expected sales for the Legacy, what if Subaru decided to throw in HIDs, 6spd and Navi for the 2006 Legacy for the same price will you be pissed? [/quote] I wouldn't be upset, because I knew going into the MY05 that the navi has just about been confirmed for the MY06. The HIDs are completely unncessary for me and the projector style headlight are extreely effective for where I live, plus I like the look of them. a 6-sp wouldn't make any difference to me because I wanted an automatic from the start. The navi could always be retrofitted into the Legacy, just like the sub/amp and the autodimming mirrors that my car wasn't equipped with. - Mike

Navi, who cares. why do you need it ? one more thing to make the car slower, more weight. HID's who cares. The lights are fine the way they are. 6 speed might be nice, don't know, I've never driven one. Gee, after you buy your 06GT with all that, would you be pissed if the 07 came with better tires and supension package. and they lowered the price by $1000.00 and gave you a rebate.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

[quote name='Max Capacity']Gee, after you buy your 06GT with all that, would you be pissed if the 07 came with better tires and supension package. and they lowered the price by $1000.00 and gave you a rebate.[/quote] LOL [img]http://www.big-football-forum.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/rofl.gif[/img] [img]http://circleofdarkness.guildsofganareth.com/Pictures/Kefka%2520laugh.gif[/img] - Mike

I think conveting the '06 models to 6-speed would be a slap in the face to all '05 MT owners. The '05 would suffer resale value and be looked upon as the odd ball of the LGT lineage. Such a move would REALLY make me angry at Subaru. I don't care about the other options. Surely they will add some, and probably change the aero-package up a bit in the latter models. I'm cool with that.

I think a lot of ppl would be pissed but ultimately if you wait and wait and wait and wait and...... wait for options to keep coming out, next thing you know you are buying a model with only a few years to go before the new one is out. Buy what you can today and what you can afford. Things like HID and Nav can be put in easily enough yrself if you want and would be a lot cheaper in the long run. So for me being a huge car buff, love new things coming out but not totally hung up on items. Then again, I would have been ANNOYED if I bought a 5EAT 2.0 GT and 3 weeks later they bring out the 3.0R Spec-B which seriously almost happened to me. Then I wouldnt have been happy. Adam.

HIDs....HID version of the current headlights would be MUCH better. You guys say how good the halogens are, but come on, don't deny the HIDs are better. Heck, even the Foed Focus has them as a option, and Toyota minivan has them too. As for theft and weight.....I doubt a Legacy will ever become a high theft target. Too many basic Legacies out there to confuse the thieves. And why would HID's even add more than a pound to the car?? Who cares the weight, I have HIDs in my car and the beneifits are amazing. Navigation....well, I only want a base model GT, Nav seems to always be a +$2000 single option OR bundled into some +$3500 package on most cars. So, I think Nav will push the Legacy into a new price point, and not manu people will opt for Nav if it means the car is more than $35K. 6 speed.....yeah, a 6MT would be nice, but just as it has benefits, it has drawbacks, such as if the ratios are tightened, you will need to shift sooner, and you may actually lose a srag race against a 5 speed because you are a little more busy with the shifter. Some 6 speeds need 3 full shifts before hitting 60 MPH. I here the current 5 speed only needs 2. What I want Subaru to offer is sunroof and HID as stand alone options on a GT. I don't need power seats or leather, but I have power sunroof in both my Honda's, and HID too. I at least want the LGT I buy to be on a level footing or better in every way than my current cars. I am dissapointed in Subaru about the sunroofs and HID. Oh, and I would like them to add MP3 capability to the 6 disc in dash. Really, whats the big deal here?? Everyone knows MP3 playback is common in any head unit these days, it must not be that expensive to incorporate.

[quote name='KayGT'][quote] I have HIDs in my car and the beneifits are amazing. [/quote] Please explain these amazing benefits to me.[/quote] Funny how people will strongly defend what they have been STUCK with. The lumen output of a 35w HID at 4100K is much higher than the lumen output of a 55w halogen. With this, engineers can design headlight systems that have a wider and further field of illumination. Halogen projectors in the Legacy must be good, because everyone says so. I dont know that for a fact, I just know other late model halogen projector cars have very weak illumination compared to my reflector based HID car. And, when I am next to a BMW or Audi with HID, these cars throw light WAYYY further down the road than any other cars, and a bit more than mine. So, in ricer terms, the color is nicer. In quantative terms, the output is much higher. In real world terms, the results are much improved road illumination. I am not saying the Subaru projectors are not good. I am saying they would be BETTER if they were HID. Obviously everyone likes the halogen projectors very much. If I get a LGT, I will install 4100-4300K HID lamps because they will be that much better. A OEM designed HID system would be best, I would prefer that.

I pick up my Regal Blue GT Limited Sedan 5EAT in the morning. I have always liked getting in the first model year. The car looks new longer. My 95 Maxima (first year of redesign) looked new for many years. Even after redesigns happened, mine still looked newer than it was. An added benefit of the '05 Legacy is that the design is only new to the US. The only option I would miss is an upgraded sound system. That, I can do myself if needed. [b]It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight waiting to pick up my new ride in the morning.[/b]

[quote name='NewSubieLegacy']I pick up my Regal Blue GT Limited Sedan 5EAT in the morning. I have always liked getting in the first model year. The car looks new longer. My 95 Maxima (first year of redesign) looked new for many years. Even after redesigns happened, mine still looked newer than it was. An added benefit of the '05 Legacy is that the design is only new to the US. The only option I would miss is an upgraded sound system. That, I can do myself if needed. [b]It's gonna be hard to sleep tonight waiting to pick up my new ride in the morning.[/b][/quote] I am a firm believer that restrained, classy designs seem to hold their appeal way longer than a over designed car. The Legacy is a classy car, I doubt it will look outdated even in 10 years. A good example of over-designed cars is the current Mitsubishi's (the EVO is actually good looking) and the previous 2 decades of Pontiac. Alot of car manufacturers are learning this. Many car mags complain that new cars are too bland, but really it's better that way. I still think a Z32 300ZX is a sweet looking car, almost 16 years since it was first introduced. I bet the LGT sedan has good longevity too. Oh yeah, BTW, congrats on your new car!

For those who got the base GT...is your dealership not offering you the spoiler as an option??? Mine is...it's what helped get the deal done. :) I could care less about navigation....like I've said, if you get in your car and have no clue where your goin, stay home. Here's your navigation....north, south, east, west....know it and aim the car that way. HID would be nice, but to be honest.....I don't have macular degeneration so it's not a necessity. The only thing that will get my shorts in a wad is if they transplant an STI motor in the 06.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Do you like the car? Can you afford the car? There is your decision. Of course they will offer something more for next year, but you can't wait forever. I know this because I have been waiting for this car for over a year, and I was going to wait for the 2006 models on the off chance they added something extra/fixed any initial year bugs. I finally decided to enjoy it now as opposed to what might be later and ordered a new Legacy and a new Outback. Think of all the people who waited on the WRX and either got stuck with the new look (which I don't like, bugeyes forever!) or had a year old car when the WRX STi came out and were looking at a major monetary hit to upgrade. The earlier you buy and start paying it off, the sooner you can upgrade to a possible Legacy STi :twisted: Now what would really annoy me would be the announcement that the 2006 models switched to the STi lip spoiler... Steve - Someone buy my 2001 SAAB 9-3 SE and my 2002 Outback VDC wagon, but you can't have them until late October

[quote name='TurboAddikt']HIDs....HID version of the current headlights would be MUCH better. You guys say how good the halogens are, but come on, don't deny the HIDs are better. [/quote] I'm with you 100%. I've driven two HID-equipped vehicles recently -- STi, BMW 325xi -- I've never seen non-HIDs come remotely close to the illumination. Essential for getting the most out of a high performance engine at night on wet backroads. [quote name='TurboAddikt']6 speed.....yeah, a 6MT would be nice, but just as it has benefits, it has drawbacks, such as if the ratios are tightened, you will need to shift sooner, and you may actually lose a srag race against a 5 speed because you are a little more busy with the shifter. Some 6 speeds need 3 full shifts before hitting 60 MPH. I here the current 5 speed only needs 2.[/quote] Agree here too. I will be pissed if they put a 6MT in next year's model...not because I have a MY2005 but because the STI 6MT is geared too close. Space that sucker out some or take out a gear.

Archived