LegacyGT.com

2008/2009 Subaru Legacy...

derffred

repost and no it won't be that model.

Gonna say this, but beaten to it. Expect it to keep the same basic shape and size, its going to stay on this same chassis/platform. Should mostly be a major exterior revision with a likely interior and drivetrain revision.

The article even says that

there are no plans to build a car that looks like the B5-TPH
!

The only reason it's shown there is because there's a possibility that the turbo-hybrid drivetrain may go into a future Legacy.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

• 2 weeks later...
Gonna say this, but beaten to it. Expect it to keep the same basic shape and size, its going to stay on this same chassis/platform. Should mostly be a major exterior revision with a likely interior and drivetrain revision.

What do you consider major? since were all speculating. I would say not major, just the new grille and headlights, probably something close to what the WRX looks like now. I'll also go out on a limb and say they will bring the STi here....finally!. One can hope right?!

What do you consider major? since were all speculating. I would say not major, just the new grille and headlights, probably something close to what the WRX looks like now. I'll also go out on a limb and say they will bring the STi here....finally!. One can hope right?!

A major exterior revision would include new sheet metal and a different basic design of the body panels. A major revision changes the basic look and demeanor of the car even if the basic foundation remains the same. A minor revision is like the 07 with chrome headlamps instead of blacked out ones; which is to say simply updating/changing current parts. I also continue to doubt that they would bring an STI legacy to the US. It would be too low volume to be successful I suspect.

Archived