LegacyGT.com

Tampa FL LGT Meet 04/29

wukindada

Well everyone.....it's that time again!

Date April 29th.....time 2:00

Location................Winghouse @ US 301 & I-4

The location is not set in stone, I thought about there or Hooters in Brandon.

I have had several LGT owners in & around Orlando that have wanted to meet up also. So if we have one on the East side of Tampa it would make it alot easier for them.

Needless to say I will Def. be there, I may even have a big surprise under the hood by then:iam:

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was waiting for this. :)

I, too, will definitely be there, no matter the time or place.

Nothing new under the hood for me by then, just a bunch of parts on my bedroom floor. :icon_bigg Install will more than likely be in May sometime.

CAN'T WAIT!

I just use Polishing compound & turtle wax;)

Actually I am a big fan of the NXT product line. Yea, there are bettedr products out there but for the $ it's the best one out there.

I have used Wolfgang on the car & I really liked it....but not for the amount of $ paid.

My NXT supply consists of the following:

Paste wax

Car wash

Spray wax

Quick detailer

Tire shine

Cockpit Shine

Since the NXT wax is a totally synthetic product you do not have to worry about getting it on the black painted parts.

Just shines them up nicely:)

I do have a secret though on weekly cleanings....I'll tell you on the 29th...I have to keep that edge:lol:

I just use Polishing compound & turtle wax;)

Actually I am a big fan of the NXT product line. Yea, there are bettedr products out there but for the $ it's the best one out there.

I have used Wolfgang on the car & I really liked it....but not for the amount of $ paid.

My NXT supply consists of the following:

Paste wax

Car wash

Spray wax

Quick detailer

Tire shine

Cockpit Shine

Since the NXT wax is a totally synthetic product you do not have to worry about getting it on the black painted parts.

Just shines them up nicely:)

I do have a secret though on weekly cleanings....I'll tell you on the 29th...I have to keep that edge:lol:

I figured it was the NXT line...I'm actually a huge detailing freak that just seems to have less and less time to do it....my problem (with my lack of time) is maintaining the shine. I love the Griot's Garage products I use except the Carnuba Paste just doesn't maintain it's wet look very long...I had been debating on trying their new synthetic polymer product or the NXT...

might have to hit up Advance since I can pick the NXT up locally! :D

There's the " Florida International Beer & Food Festival" here in Orlando on the 29th.

Highlights: More than 100 beers from around the world, food from area restaurants, entertainers and personalities provided by local radio stations. For more information, email festival organizers at Promarcon_at_aol.com.

Time: 4-8 PM

Cost: 20-25

Contact Phone: 407 383 2331

I haven't been to it but a few of my friends say it's pretty good. Sorta like the Universal beer fest, but not as crowded and tons of free food.

Maybe some people will want to go to this afterwards or somethin like that.

Ok.....Orlando residents....

Many of you have PM'd me when the next meet will be....are you guys comming?

The meet was moved to the far east side of Tampa just for LGT owners coming from central FL.

Guys....I updated the time to 2:00.

My son has a Little league game to make up @ 12:00.

Car is dirtier right now than it ever has been:(

Detail day is thursday though.....have to be ready for Opie;)

Car is dirtier right now than it ever has been:(

Detail day is thursday though.....have to be ready for Opie;)

Mine is sitting in the garage until I leave for the meet! :D

I'll start detailing it tonight and continuing every evening until it's done...

Wer'e not worthy!

Hell it'll take me all week just to catch up to your car "dirty"! :lol:

Hand washed and clay bar'd it tonight....

I'll machine polish it tomorrow night and then try out the NXT (1 coat, wait 24 hours, 2nd coat).

Friday night and Saturday morning I'll hit up the interior & engine compartment. :D

I hope to have my Nav double din install ready with the Morel's installed in the rear doors to complete the speaker set up... wow, 11 speakers in the LGT.. may install a center channel when i upgrade to the Eclispe avn6600

see you guys on Sat.. sorry we will miss you Eric

OK, another evening of detailing...damn I'm tired....

used the Porter Cable orbital and applied Griots Garage Machine Polish #2 followed by Griots Garage Machine Polish #3. Then I re-washed (to get rid of the powdery residue from the machine polishes) and dried the car.

Then I applied the first coat of Mequiars NXT polish and buffed it off...

...tomorrow I'll apply a 2nd coat to the exterior of the car and then apply a coat to the door, hood & trunk jams. I'll also remove the wheels and clean them, the brakes and the struts and apply a coat of NXT to them...

Friday night and Saturday are glass, interior & engine detailing... :D

Archived