LegacyGT.com

Window tinting in CT.....

-Smoke_

• 2 weeks later...
I also would recommend tintman. I've had two cars done by them in the past and never had problems. 2 weeks to a month wait does suck though.. I guess that just goes to show how good they are.

Guest Gitster

2 Complaints because everyone has nothing but good things to say.

They left finger prints all over my back dash, Taupe interior FTL.

Also there is a small area on the bottom of the rear window that they missed, looks like the main sheet was cut and they didnt notice it. over all very good though.

Has anyone used Auto Shine Tint & Detail in Berlin? Good? Bad? Indifferent?:iam:

These guys in Berlin were really good. They charged me $149 for 20% on the back five windows of my wagon about a year ago. Their # is 860-828-3334.

• 5 years later...

This tread is pretty old so not sure if this recomendation for Tint Man in Monroe, CT is still valid. Anyhow really looking for someone good around the Waterbury/Meriden area....any suggestions?

Since this is my first car that I am tinting, what kind of film should I be looking for? My main interest is trying to keep the car a little cooler as the AC on my 5th Gen is really weak!

Tint Man is definitely still valid. I've used him for other stuff for years. Just sent my father in law there for his new SHO. Im gonna use him for my Leg too.

Anyone use Great Scott! in Norwich?

Its close for me, and I know #072 owns the place, but anyone have any experience with them?

I did end up getting my Legacy tinted at Great Scott! in Norwich, and they did a great job. That was almost 6 years ago.

The ironic part is, I just called them today to schedule an appointment to do my STi before I even saw this thread!

They did a great job, lifetime warranty, and all.

• 4 months later...
Just wondering about Tint Master on the Berlin Turnpike. Any feedback as I stopped in the shop this weekend and I wanted to see if anyone has had any experience with them before I pull the trigger...espeically since they only offer a 1 year coverage.

I don't know how far you are from hamden/ new haven but i had my tints done at tint works and they came out really nice and was best price i found. I know a bunch of people that have gone and never heard a bad thing if you want to check it out. Plus the ones i got come with 5 yr warranty.

• 4 months later...
I've had my Legacy for 1.5 weeks now and it needs tints, haha. I'm in West Haven so it looks like Tint Man or Tint Works would be my best choices? Probably will do it in the spring.

Go with tint works. I had mine done and tons of people i know went to them. They do an awesome job and good prices too.

I 2nd Tint Works on Dixwell ave. I had 2 cars done there, and the job was flawless, no bubbles, and the tint lasted the life of the car. They do as light as you want, and will tint "Illegal" dark if you request, but they are sure to make you aware of the legality of it. Im actually looking to get my 2010 Legacy tinted, but wont be going there as I need to save some $$. Lucky for me, there is a guy that lives in my apartment building thats pretty good at tinting, the work I have seen is flawless and looks sharp. His charge is about $90.

• 6 months later...
Seems like tint man is the place, I was going to ask about this place in Bridgeport but I guess I wont now :p

if it is Tint King, the guys there are awesome.

I had them do my dad's c6 z06, only place in the area that knew how to vinyl the dot matrix and do an amazing job. I'm bringing my Spec B there on Monday.

I can also vouch for Tint Works in Hamden. Had 3 vehicles tinted there, and all of them were quick / quality jobs.

if it is Tint King, the guys there are awesome.

I had them do my dad's c6 z06, only place in the area that knew how to vinyl the dot matrix and do an amazing job. I'm bringing my Spec B there on Monday.

I can also vouch for Tint Works in Hamden. Had 3 vehicles tinted there, and all of them were quick / quality jobs.

Yeah tint king is the place, not sure how much it's going to be to tint a sedan

Yeah tint king is the place, not sure how much it's going to be to tint a sedan

I was quoted $189 over the phone I believe. Seems like most shops around the area are in this price range +/- $50 or so.

The guys at tint king also vouched for the quality of tint works Hamden, which was somewhat of a pleasant surprise being that they are competitors. This was after I told them I brought all my prior vehicles there, but now live closer to Bridgeport than Hamden.

Id go to whichever place is closer, cant go wrong with either.

• 1 month later...

haha so I got my new to me LGT on Tuesday.. well I was looking over all the history of the car and I see the tints were done by the Tint Man 35% for the sides and 20% for the rear.

However I don't know if this is normal but the tint for the rear window it has a somewhat distorted view and looks a bit like a washboard look

Archived