LegacyGT.com

aluminum "look" dash kit?

red beast

I'd be wary of these "stick on" dash kits. They rarely fit correctly, and the adhesive tends to give up and separate after a year in the sun. My old car had one of these kits installed, and it looked like crap in under 2 years.

It kinda looks good IMO, but definatally not for that price. I would say no more than $75 and no more because of what snoman said. Not $259 or 219 on sale.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

I think anything to break up the monotony of the black interior is a plus. I too have doubts on the longevity of the adhesive. I also have doubts on the longevity of the factory's silver paint on the parts that already are silver. I'm thinkin' things aren't gonna look too good a few years down the road.
It is still ugly.

>MadDad Legacy GT Dash finishing kits use high quality fully molded aluminum look plastics with 3M automotive backing for easy install.

I don't think it's "sticker".

3M automotive backing is another word for tape.

Something I always thought would look good is silver trim from the center stack over the glovebox and back along the door, and a bit above the mirror control.

Whaddya think?

Crappy photochop attached

That looks attractive to me.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Something I always thought would look good is silver trim from the center stack over the glovebox and back along the door, and a bit above the mirror control.

Whaddya think?

Crappy photochop attached

I like it...clean, simple, and kinda "sporty looking" :)

In Taiwan now...:spin:

I am 99% positive that it doesn't. If you count the nubmer of pieces it has on the picture, there is only enough to cover the center console around the cup holders (1), the left and right vent (2),and the center dash pocket and pocket door (2). That adds up to 5 pieces that it says it comes with.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Plastic is cheaper and easier to mold to fit.

I like the chop of the streak across the glove box. Aluminum would be cool, but silver CF for the win, with silver CF trims replacing the console sides, and the door handle finishers. Black carbon fiber door handle grips would finish out a great look.

I think the kit that the original poster showed is incomplete if it surrounds the dash side vents, but not the door pulls and tweeter location... which wrap together when the doors are closed. I'd also leave the center cubby in the upper dash black, to blend in.

I wish we could get the black brushed-look console face from JDM... but that isn't going to happen for several reasons. (RHD, and different stereo, and different ACC...

Archived