LegacyGT.com

Dodge Ram +1200-ft/lbs TQ

Did anyone catch the tv show Trucks where they modded Dodge Ram Cummin diesel.

Nitrous+Propane injection, ECU, exhaust, CAI, injector mods = 880HP/+1200-plus lb-ft!!! :icon_surp

http://www.bullydog.com/images/DI_5.jpg

:icon_twis

Speed (like size ;) ) isn't everything. :icon_lol:

I suppose not, but I would still like to see Subaru build a turbodiesel for passenger cars. It would sure beat the hell out of going hybrid instead, I have yet to drive a hybrid that wasn't insufferable, or one that really achieved it's claimed mileage.

Surely Fuji Heavy Industries already builds diesel engines, maybe they can lend Subaru a team of engineers and let them get to work.

I suppose not, but I would still like to see Subaru build a turbodiesel for passenger cars. It would sure beat the hell out of going hybrid instead, I have yet to drive a hybrid that wasn't insufferable, or one that really achieved it's claimed mileage.

Surely Fuji Heavy Industries already builds diesel engines, maybe they can lend Subaru a team of engineers and let them get to work.

I agree, I have owned several diesels, mainly Peugots, and they were pretty good cars to drive. Interestingly enough, Audi will be entering diesel cars into Le Mans this year, just to try and prove a point !

I agree, I have owned several diesels, mainly Peugots, and they were pretty good cars to drive. Interestingly enough, Audi will be entering diesel cars into Le Mans this year, just to try and prove a point !

They already ran the car in the 12hrs of Sebring last month. I watched part of the race, neat car to watch; you can tell how much torque it has on tap just watching it overtake other cars. Instant thrust.

They took the overall victory in that race, and it was the first time the car had seen the track in competition. While there it also posted faster lap times than the gas powered R8 did. Ahhh torque.

Subaru could have diesel cars by end of 2007, CEO says

TOKYO -- Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the maker of Subaru cars, is developing a diesel engine with an eye to mounting it on its flagship model in Europe as early as the end of next year, its president said.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/REUTERS/60324034/1003

Subaru could have diesel cars by end of 2007, CEO says

TOKYO -- Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., the maker of Subaru cars, is developing a diesel engine with an eye to mounting it on its flagship model in Europe as early as the end of next year, its president said.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060324/REUTERS/60324034/1003

That would be nice, but there was no mention of bringing those vehicles to the US market. BMW, VW, and Mercedes-Benz would love to bring over their diesels in greater numbers but gettig them emissions certified under upcoming 2007 CARB rules is going to be tough.

That would be nice, but there was no mention of bringing those vehicles to the US market. BMW, VW, and Mercedes-Benz would love to bring over their diesels in greater numbers but gettig them emissions certified under upcoming 2007 CARB rules is going to be tough.

It's still a fuel quality problem I think.

It's still a fuel quality problem I think.

Partially, the current grade of diesel fuel in the US has a high sulfur content; which will change in 2007. This will help matters quite a bit, but the particulate emissions are going to to have to be as low as a gasoline engine to pass the f***ing retarded CARB tests. So particulate traps or other methods of treating the exhaust must be developed in order to solve the problem.

BMW and other manufacurers are pushing the use of urea to treat exhaust gasses, but in order for it to be legal there has to be an existing network of readily available urea. The goct. also wants the manufacturer to come up with a way to force customers to use urea when it runs out. Until this is worked out everything is on hold. The only bright side to all of this bullshit is that other diesel vehicles are going to be affected, heavy trucks, pickups, SUV's, etc. So there is a wider range of the industry trying to solve the problem.

Archived