LegacyGT.com

What is wrong with people! (another Leggy accident)

Was in Queens last night, and some dude runs a red light as I was crossing. Clipped my front end. Car would not start. Front fender, hood, headlights, and bumper are borked! My airbags did not go off...His did. seemed like he was doing 30 MPH or so. Thankfully no one was injured. Pics to come tomorrow probably. He felt really sorry. I was pissed, but what could I do. Just took it in stride. I was at the light stopped, and when it turned green, I started my way through, and as I crossed into the third lane of a 4 lane road, I saw him jamming out of the corner of my eye. Luckily he hit the front pass wheel, and not the door, as I had someone in the car with me. My back has a little tinge, and passenger was starting to get a bit of a stiff neck, but we all walked away. Ain't it a Biz...I had to have the Leggy flat bedded to a garage while he drove home...What a pile of poop. Police officers were super nice, as was the other driver and the tow operator.

I hope everyone is safe. I am a firm believer in driving defensively, but even the most defensive of drivers can get fudged if the conditions are right.

That sucks man....sorry to hear. Glad you're O.K. I hear you about being a defensive driver, there is only so much you can do. Hopefully your Leggy will be fixed an back on the road ASAP and better than new.
- The Mortgage Man

Accidents suck:icon_mad: !! Important thing is that you and your passenger came out fairly unscathed. It is a good idea to get checked out by a physician if you haven't already done so, "twinges" and stiff necks have a way of getting worse a few days /weeks after an accident.
Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Stuff Happens, of course, but you don't have to like it. THe important thing is that you're OK!!! From what you've described, it doesn't sound like any of the airbags should have gone off; the front airbags definitely should not deploy and the impact sounds like it was just a little too far forward to set off the side bags. Everything worked fine.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

glad to hear you are alright.

I keep on reading how airbags didnt go off in accidents with GTs..

I hope that is becuase the impact didnt require it, or it wasnt hit close to where the sensors are opposed to them malfunctioning..

If everyone walked away pretty much fine then the collision didn't require the airbags. Remember, airbags are designed to smack into you at some rediculous speed. They can seriously injure you. Their whole point is to injure you less than you otherwise would've been had they not gone off, so a key part of any airbag system is that it detect when they should not go off.

Also keep that in mind when you see someone complaining about airbags because of the injuries they received from one. I can't speak for all cases of course, but in the majority of them the person would've been even worse off without airbags - possibly dead.

</soapbox>

If I lived near NYC and drove there every day I would have an Impalla or something with metal bars all over it. Glad to hear you got out okay.

I agree the airbags will only go off if the impact is front or side only. You were hit in a weird place causing your car to probably spin thus the airbags did not go off.

Well, I just got back from Atlantic City, and boy was that a stress reliever. I cam home with $400 extra bucks, and didn't think about the car at all today. sat down at a $1-$2 Nolimit Hold-em table at 10:30 AM and didn't get up until 6:15 PM. What a load off. Thanks for the well-wishes guys. I am defi thankful that everyone walked away from this accident, and am not as pissed as I thought I would be, expecially since I didn;t even break 5000 miles yet. I mean, c'mon. I just got the car in November! But Hopefully it will be as good as new with no quirks.

Glad to hear you and your passenger came out ok.

I totally agree with the above comment on making sure the police report is as specific as possible. I was rear-ended by a large SUV a few years ago and on account the police report was a little less-than-specific about what exactly happened and since the cop hadn't wrote in big bold letters "THE OTHER GUY'S FAULT" on the report, my insurance company at the time (Progressive Insurance...I've long since moved on to a much better insurance provider) wouldn't provide any coverage until all the parties involved were contacted and their stories were all checked out.

It took me physically calling the other guy's insurance company on my own time and filing the claim myself in order to get the payment for repairs.

Glad you're ok and hope your 'tinges' are just that and not anything more.

In NYC, every is ready to jump the gun on green so running a red light is pretty dangerous. I hate NYC driving just for the fact those stop sign interesection are dangerous sinceI hav eo tpull my car so far our before I can see and by then half my car is exposed and these drivers are ruthless... What can you do. You have to inch out.

glad you're not hurt and $400 richer, guess that's why you weren't at the meat yesterday at the mall.

Hah! I wa at the mall yesterday, and totally forgotabout the meat! I would have stopped by in my beater if I remembered.

i almost got in an accident last week

i was going straight and this old lady in a phuckin jeep tried to turn left right in front of me.. i had to swirve it to right to miss it...

some people need to re-take their driver's license test.. serioously..

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I hear you on the defensive driving. I cant tell you how many times I've had to avoid dumbass motorists that cut out infront of me expecially in the round-abouts. All I have to say is SUPERTONES :D

Oh yea and....

:needpics:

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

i hate people. i just got my car on Friday and someone already dented my rear door. grrrrrr

Yes my LGT only has 230 miles on it, yet everything from the side sills to the spoiler has scratches and paint chips.

Archived