LegacyGT.com

Sweet NA wagon

No modification necessary. The bolts Borla provides for at the cat flange are too big, you can reuse the factory spring bolts but after you get the first one in the second will be a PITA, but it will work. Other than that no issues what so ever, mine has been on now for 2000mi + with no problems.

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trohler,

I just ordered one from PLTEK! I do trust you but I am crossing my fingers that it will fit seeing as though I have a wagon. The hi-flow cat that was made for my car was made so that I could run the stock exhaust which I am doing now. I am concerned about resonating because I spend most my time on the highway so I am putting confidence in the built in resonator of the Borla. If I am understanding you correctly, you can still use all of the springs of the flange as long as you use the Subie bolts and not the Borla bolts. I found the original thread and seems like you were not able to use one of the springs? I do appreciate you feed back on this by the way. It has been most helpful.........I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!!

Trohler,

I just ordered one from PLTEK! I do trust you but I am crossing my fingers that it will fit seeing as though I have a wagon. The hi-flow cat that was made for my car was made so that I could run the stock exhaust which I am doing now. I am concerned about resonating because I spend most my time on the highway so I am putting confidence in the built in resonator of the Borla. If I am understanding you correctly, you can still use all of the springs of the flange as long as you use the Subie bolts and not the Borla bolts. I found the original thread and seems like you were not able to use one of the springs? I do appreciate you feed back on this by the way. It has been most helpful.........I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again!!

Are you still running stock headers, or the ones from Xcel? Also, are your stock headers equal length or not? I'm curious to hear how the exhaust sounds on your car depending on what headers you have. Keep us updated.

Thanks

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

I am running headers that I purchased from Xcceleration. They are equal length headers. The most prominant sound coming from the header is the flow of gases. It almost sounds like a turbo. Strangely, it does not accentuate the boxer rumble what so ever. Unfortunately the stock cat-back bottle-necks the flow not to mention makes the whole system sound really wierd. That is why I was so psyched to see you running a Borla system with no problem. Every vendor I talked to said it will not work on the N/A's. The problem was nobody was innovative enough to even give it a try not to mention the assumptions that some how a Subaru is not worthy of go-fast parts unless it has a turbo. Frankly, I am surprised at all these so-called Subaru Tuner shops for not even looking into it. Talk about lost sales potential......I just accepted the fact that I would probably have to buy some universal mufflers and pipes and hoped for the best.......

do you know if your stock headers were equal lenght or not. I'm thinking the 05s still had the unequal lenght, i know the Impreza's did, if so you might get more boxer sound even with the stockers if they are equal lenght. I think that is one of the ways they squeezed more HP out of the 06+ motors. Well i'll still be curious to hear how it sounds through aftermarket equal lenghts. I assume they had to custom weld in the o2 bungs in the headers, and are you back to the stock cat pipe?

Thanks

Tolly

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Hey Fazzter,

Can you shed some light on your intake? Any info would make a few of us smile

+1 on the intake

OTM.

Sorry I didn't mean to start a war which mainly forum people is all about ;).

Archived