LegacyGT.com

Sweet NA wagon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From whats written on the bottom looks like its only the Perrin rear bar. The exhaust is a little too raspy for my taste (probably due to headers one high flow cat and 3in exhaust on an NA car), unless its just a poor quality sound clip.

07 Impreza 2.5i Special Edition

07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice....but with the cost of those mods.......you could have had a LGT:eek:

+1

I've also come to the conclusion that there are zero exhausts available that won't make the N/As sound tinny/ricery.

• 3 weeks later...

This is my car by the way........Sam did a great job. This is a Rampod intake from a WRX. The MAF sensor fits perfectly and I have had no issues with CEL's. Cannot say the same for the hi-flow cat but that is the name of the after market game....the intake made a HUGE improvent to throttle response. The mounting bracket is a custom piece...

From whats written on the bottom looks like its only the Perrin rear bar. The exhaust is a little too raspy for my taste (probably due to headers one high flow cat and 3in exhaust on an NA car), unless its just a poor quality sound clip.

I am the owner of the car in question...yes, it is a Perrin sway bar. Rear only and it made a big difference in handling............I ended up keeping the stock mufflers because there was resonance issues with this exaust. My car was an experiment using a turbo Legacy exaust. We could have gotten it to work if we experimented with resonators like the factory uses but I ran out of money. I kept the headers and hi-flow cat. The power gain using the turbo exhaust was not noticable over the stock so I feel like I made the right choice by not pursuing it. I figure I will save money for cams instead which is typically an honest 10-15 hp gain with out engine management issues.......

That's a whole lot of work and $$$ on a car that our Quest minivan can blow the doors off of in a straight line......

Wow, everyone is talking about my car! There are two schools of thought in the world of the car enthusiast: There is the muscle car mentality where the only thing that matters is straight line speed. Then there is the school of thought where all out straight line speed is replaced by balance and how a car "feels" through thoughtful application of chassis tuning and power. A Miata is a fine example of this. Seeing as though your Subie has an AUTOMATIC transmission and six cylinders, you would not understand the concept. What is even more disturbing is that you actually own a minivan.

Some people don't want the same car as everyone else and enjoy a challenge. Certainly not the reason I bought an N/A but I can appreciate this car.

Thank you for defending me and my NA Legacy. I put alot of time, money and love into my Subie. Some people just don't get the concept of customization. Not to mention that I did not have $30K laying around for a GT. I work for a living, own a home and support a wife and kid. I was the first on the block to own a 02 WRX. Still, the best car I ever owned and it was fast out of the box. There is just something about taking a lessor performing Subie and making it perform. It also gives me satisfaction that while all those Audi A4 owners paid $30K for 170hp. I paid $20K for 165hp and spent $1500 for an additional 20hp and another $1200 for chassis mods. Would I have liked a GT . Yes, but I get 30 mpg mixed driving and with a 125 mile commute each day it is nice being able to run 87 octane not. With the mileage I do per year, I don't have to worry about my turbo dying long before the engine ever would.

Thank you for defending me and my NA Legacy. I put alot of time, money and love into my Subie. Some people just don't get the concept of customization. Not to mention that I did not have $30K laying around for a GT. I work for a living, own a home and support a wife and kid. I was the first on the block to own a 02 WRX. Still, the best car I ever owned and it was fast out of the box. There is just something about taking a lessor performing Subie and making it perform. It also gives me satisfaction that while all those Audi A4 owners paid $30K for 170hp. I paid $20K for 165hp and spent $1500 for an additional 20hp and another $1200 for chassis mods. Would I have liked a GT . Yes, but I get 30 mpg mixed driving and with a 125 mile commute each day it is nice being able to run 87 octane not. With the mileage I do per year, I don't have to worry about my turbo dying long before the engine ever would.

Wondered when the owner would show up:icon_bigg kudo's again on your car...

I am not looking to go all out on my NA but it needs a little bump in throttle response. I drive the tollroad back and forth to work for 23 miles every day and sometimes I feel like Fred Flintstone could out run me...with your experience in these cars can you rank out what improvements did what for you? Unless you did it all at once...

Thank you for defending me and my NA Legacy.

No problem. I'm not sure why but when I read "he could have bought a GT, blah blah" for the umpteenth time it makes me sad. An enthusiast should not think that way and if they do there's really no need to post it in the N/A forum.

Wondered when the owner would show up:icon_bigg kudo's again on your car...

I am not looking to go all out on my NA but it needs a little bump in throttle response. I drive the tollroad back and forth to work for 23 miles every day and sometimes I feel like Fred Flintstone could out run me...with your experience in these cars can you rank out what improvements did what for you? Unless you did it all at once...

Thanks again....I had the opportunity to try the intake before the headers and cat. The throttle response was greatly improved. My wife has an 05 Outback N/A and tested it back to back. I know what you mean with the "Flintstone" feeling. The air box is the most restrictive I have ever seen. It really does choke the car to death. The 2.5 N/A motor really does have so much going for it if were not hindered by so many restrictive devices. It is too bad the aftermarket focused so much on the turbo cars. Look at the old days when you could get every part under the sun for a 2.5RS. blah blah blah bah right! We have all heard this before.......I went to a huge Subaru meet here in MA this past weekend and there was only one other N/A Legacy. It was beautiful and special amongst an endless sea of WRX's..........my experience with the parts I have has been a love hate. I am not a fan of CEL's but the modest increase in power makes it worth it. Keep in mind my car was an experiment for the manufacture of the cat and headers and the installer so there was no guarantee as we found out with the cat back exhaust that did not work. I thought I would be a pioneer and help create a demand for parts for the N/A cars (as did xcceleration.com) but that was not the case. If I had more money and more time we could have gotten the hi-flow cat to not throw a CEL and the cat-back not to resonate so badly but a budget is a budget. What you could do to be safe and to keep you from a frightful journey is start with the intake then do cams. Supposedly cams are safe, reliable and make very noticable hp gains. These guys look like a good source http://www.techworkseng.com/Products/Subaru_Engine_Cams.htm

Good luck!!

Archived