LegacyGT.com

LGT Rims vs. pot holes

I hit a pot hole in Boston Saturday night and blew out both passenger tires front and back. Luckily the rims were not too badly damaged.

The only cool thing to happen out of it - I purchased the extended warranty with my 2005 Leg GT, and apparantly it covers the tires. I only had to pay $28 per tire, plus another $100 for alignment and wheel balance on the other two wheels.

Boston streets suck big time!!!

These rims can take a beatin as long as you're not driving too fast into one.

+1

I'm on 225/45/17s, and in NE-Ohio, we've got some SERIOUS pot-holes. :lol: No problems. :)

Be sure to check your tire pressures OFTEN during the colder months, and especially during fall/spring, when the weather can change rapidly.

Proper inflation will also help protect your rims - not to mention help quite a bit, even with the RE92s, on traction issues.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I have 48,000 miles on my 05GT Have hit pot holes hard enough to make the dash board shake for a few day's. Have blowen the side wall out on one RE92. All the rims are still fine.

I agree, these wheels can take a beatin.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I have 48,000 miles on my 05GT Have hit pot holes hard enough to make the dash board shake for a few day's. Have blowen the side wall out on one RE92. All the rims are still fine.

I agree, these wheels can take a beatin.

Dashboard shake???? Thats nothing when you hit one so hard that it makes your wrists and teeth hurt now thats something to call home about. :lol:

Archived