LegacyGT.com

got that durn dealer sticker off ... YAY

AWD_Rules3830

Its my understanding that rubbing alcohol is a paint thinner, but I'm not sure about that....

Oh lord dont scare me like that, i read something online that told me to use it either way i will have new pictures of it without the sticker in the photos section in a day or two

I love my car ... basically.

Oh lord dont scare me like that, i read something online that told me to use it either way i will have new pictures of it without the sticker in the photos section in a day or two

The only thing I could find is that its a latex paint thinner... so maybe I'm wrong. either way, if you can't feel or see a difference, its most likely not going to be in issue.

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

What is the best way to debadge then?

Search is your best friend!!! a quick search turned up this walk through:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1175&highlight=debadge

SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

What is the best way to debadge then?

well you have to heat it up and remove it at a 90 degree angle and this use some sort of a wax and paint safe solvent to remove the residue. You can use 3M adhesive remover, and make sure you dont heat it too much or you can cause problems for the paint.

GooGone works so does MEK (Methyl Ethyl Keytone) also but don't rub tooo hard. I just used that on the legalease on my luggage racks.

A ketone ... interesting, how can you have a methyl ethyl ketone?? oh wait you can. i had to think for a min about the chemical structure. They do teach us something in adv. chemistry class haha. that might be harmful to the paint and wax, i wouldnt suggest it.

I'm glad to know MEK exists... :)

MEK and Goo Gone actually works well as does WD-40 for taking off the rubberized glue off painted surfaces. I say only use MEK as a last resort. Also, test in a hidden spot see how it works. It will work to get real nasty glues, resions off painted surfaces. Sometimes you need to get something off a car surface that will be worse leaving it on than using a solvent. In that case, MEK may be needed. Clean up after and make sure you yse a good wax after.

Archived