LegacyGT.com

Is there a new Sabb based on the Legacy?

mightyS

the 92x had(s?) the key on the dash just like the wrx's. not sure if they changed it for 06. im pretty sure this is the last model year for the 92x.

Yep, the key placement is the same as in the WRX, as for the 2006, the interior remains unchanged from 2005.

sabb no longer has anything to do with subaru after GM sold its shares of subaru to toyota. the new question is, will there be a new toyota based on the legacy? :p

Kind of a shame as I thought Saab and Subaru would make a perfect pair in the GM world, both being a bit quirky, engineering based car companies. I thought there would be great potential in their pooled resources that was only hinted at by the Imprezza/9-2 shotgun wedding.

Maybe GM will offload Saab to Toyota and they can live happily ever after, after all...:icon_lol:

I saw a commercial last night for a new larger saab that claimed to have a 260 hp engine. Is this a saab that shares parts with the Legacy GT?

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/lol3/you=noob.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Kind of a shame as I thought Saab and Subaru would make a perfect pair in the GM world, both being a bit quirky, engineering based car companies. I thought there would be great potential in their pooled resources that was only hinted at by the Imprezza/9-2 shotgun wedding.

Maybe GM will offload Saab to Toyota and they can live happily ever after, after all...:icon_lol:

me too. i had planned to get the next 9-5 assuming it was based on legacy. once the divorce happened, i jumped on a 5mt wagon. really could have saved saab....they NEED awd badly.

You hit the nail on the head for what I was thinking. While I'm not entirely sure what SAAB could have shared with Subaru, they could very easily be two sides of the same coin in the way that Acura is the other side of Honda's coin.

In my dream GM world; Saturn would still be a satalite company, but working with Oldsmobile as it's "luxury partner", and the Subaru/SAAB combination would be another satalite pairing. These satalite compnies would be nearly completely autonomous from GM. They would be free to develop any platform they want (could decide to use GM platforms), R&D how they want, market how they want, build how they want, etc., but would send some of their proffits back to GM HQ to be squandered on whatever GM wanted.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

• 3 weeks later...
The Saab Sport Combi looks pretty nice and comes with a 250hp turbo V6 but with a price in the 30's and fwd it's not really competitive

Exactly, if that were on an AWD plataform....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

sabb no longer has anything to do with subaru after GM sold its shares of subaru to toyota. the new question is, will there be a new toyota based on the legacy? :p

actually it seems toyota is helping subaru create a hybrid impreza.

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

Archived