LegacyGT.com

Is there a new Sabb based on the Legacy?

mightyS

sabb no longer has anything to do with subaru after GM sold its shares of subaru to toyota. the new question is, will there be a new toyota based on the legacy? :p

This Space For Rent

the 9-2x is the Subaru based Saab. So will the 9-2x be dicontinued?

already has been discontinued...the 9-7x was a filler model also only intended to fill the suv slot until a tribeca based model could be released. now that neither will happen, saab is dead in the water. too bad because the 9-3 w/ awd would be an awesome car.

I think the 9-7x is still around. It was the 9-6x which was supposed to be based on the Tribeca.

Now we will see the new Toyota Corolla WRC car! :icon_bigg

9-7X

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2005/06/28/1119982555_2918.jpg

Why do you think there will be a new hatch Subaru WRX:

http://www.myevo.com/DM_CorollaWRC2.jpg

So Toyota can get back to this without getting into the WRX STi territory and offer once again a performance car to the masses.

/wishful thinking since I like Toyota as well. :icon_bigg

X

---

The 9-2x is around at least until the end of production of this generation of Impreza. Despite the dissolution of the GM/Subaru partnership the 9-2x will remain in production. The Tribeca based SUV got canned and they got the 9-7x based off of the new GM Truck platform. The new 260hp Saab engine is a new turbo 6 from GM.

The 9-2x is around at least until the end of production of this generation of Impreza. Despite the dissolution of the GM/Subaru partnership the 9-2x will remain in production. The Tribeca based SUV got canned and they got the 9-7x based off of the new GM Truck platform. The new 260hp Saab engine is a new turbo 6 from GM.

i heard otherwise on the 9-2x but i could be wrong. the 9-7x is based off the trail blazer platform which is at least 5 years old at this point. ive only ever seen one on the road. there is a siiiiick 9-2x that some kid has at santa clara u. i see it all the time. 9-2x would be a fun beater but i prefer the leggy.

The 2006 9-2x is a pretty good alternative for someone looking for a more mature WRX wagon or a Legacy wagon now that there are no manuals. It comes with the 2.5L turbo and HIDS and there is $3000 cash on the hood now which brings it down to around 26-27K.

i heard otherwise on the 9-2x but i could be wrong. the 9-7x is based off the trail blazer platform which is at least 5 years old at this point. ive only ever seen one on the road. there is a siiiiick 9-2x that some kid has at santa clara u. i see it all the time. 9-2x would be a fun beater but i prefer the leggy.

It may not be for 06 and 07, but it is atleast going to exist for MY06. It sold so well on the discount plan that they are keeping it around for at least another year, and I suspect until this gen Impreza is discontinued.

Yea, the 9-5 is a dated design with some minor tweaks to keep it alive. Its still using the 4 cylinder engine with 260hp.... in a car that costs over 35k.

The interior is weird, boring and hard to use. It does have nice seats and the night panel is a cool design. (kills all the dash light except for the speedo, wonder why other cars dont have this)

The 260hp car is the 9-5, from a 2.3l 4cyl turbo'd to 20psi.

The 9-3 aero and sportcombi aero come with the 2.8l v-6 turbo, a Holden engine from Aus, turbo'd by Saab. Uh, and guys, it comes with a six speed manual, something many a leggy owner has been whining about the absence of.

In the 9-3, it puts out just 9psi boost, methinks leaving much room for tunage.

And yes, the godawful 9-7x is a gussied up trailblazer.

No, the key doesn't cost extra in the middle of the seats... All Saabs come that way (except for the now defunct 9000)

The 260hp car is the 9-5, from a 2.3l 4cyl turbo'd to 20psi.

The 9-3 aero and sportcombi aero come with the 2.8l v-6 turbo, a Holden engine from Aus, turbo'd by Saab. Uh, and guys, it comes with a six speed manual, something many a leggy owner has been whining about the absence of.

In the 9-3, it puts out just 9psi boost, methinks leaving much room for tunage.

And yes, the godawful 9-7x is a gussied up trailblazer.

No, the key doesn't cost extra in the middle of the seats... All Saabs come that way (except for the now defunct 9000)

the 92x had(s?) the key on the dash just like the wrx's. not sure if they changed it for 06. im pretty sure this is the last model year for the 92x.

the 6cyl in the newest 9-3 is built in australia but not from holden (although holden may use a variant)...its a standard gm platform with a turbo. they use it in opels and will in the euro only caddy thats coming out on the epsilon platform. the sportcombi is an awesome car. unfortunately gm costcutters cheaped out on the carpet and some other interior materials...our 2003 interior is much nicer than the 06's. the 6sp had major issues in 2003 and was dropped for 2004 but is now back with the v6 turbo. hopefully theyll have better luck this time.

Archived