LegacyGT.com

Driver legroom

yah, lack of wheel telescope kinda sucks, i had to play with the seat for a while to get it just right, and today some dealer guys F'd it up so they could ghost ride tha' whip round the maintenance yard...

Try having a wife that is 5'1" on a tall day that gets in moves everything including the mirrors to move my car down the driveway:icon_twis

I MISS MY MEMORY SEATS!!!

As for moving the seat or spacers I think that would creat serious airbag issues particuarly the side impact ones if so equipped? I will be dropping mine off at the dealership on Friday for some body work I will ask them their opinion...

Try having a wife that is 5'1 on a tall day that gets in moves everything including the mirrors to move my car down the driveway

*edit* FU pocketPC and cutting off my post...

/digress

yah my gf is is only about 5'2" or 5'3"... good thing she has her own car

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

^^

You must not mind having your legs bent for hours on end then... I however get a cramped feeling and there is no room AT ALL to straighten out the legs... unless you're a little person.

So yes, there is a lack of leg room. Again, 6'1 with an inseam of 34.

I have the same problem as you and I believe the solution is placing a thigh support between your thigh and the seat.. Those who don't have a problem probably have wide thighs and so are able to support their leg. If you have thin thighs and are tall its uncomfortable because your thigh does not rest against the seat. Its in the air and so it gets uncomfortable after awhile.

I think this is the problem.

Just a guess.

That is a tough one. I am sure you cound get four steel plates and drill holes in them with the offset you want to move the seat back the offset amount. However that would throw off all the airbags and seat belt angles. Do not know if it is worth it.

I gave up looking at the new gen Legacy because on the drivers seat. No matter how I tried It just wouldn't fit. Darn parking brake lever hits right on the edge of my knee cap.

Peace,

Greg

Even with the parking break in the down position?

Don't be scared to get a legacy jsut because some peeps are complaining about the legroom. It's a personal choice. Just try it for yourself and see how YOU like it.

See how it fits YOU. That's all that matters.

When you compare to other stuff it might not be the biggest but why are you buying a LGT or Spec b? I didn't buy it for the leg room.

IF that was the case I would probably go with the Dodge Charger... serious stretch room!

That's how american cars are... made for all of us americans that are overweight and need room to fit all our junk from the drive through.

Notice that 80% of american's drive oversized SUV's... because they are the only cars we can fit into.

Go to europe or japan... they all have tiny little streets with tiny little cars... honda civic, mini cooper, vw bug...

Here we have the chryslter 300M, Dodge Charger, Ford F150, Expedition. ....list goes on and on...

Point being.. I'm 6'2" 215 pounds... I love the car... but after readin this I'll probably feel cramped for about 3 weeks.

THANKS!

Believe me I would love to have more power. That is why I took a look at the 05s. My 02 has the brake in the center of the console. In 05 they moved it to the driver's side and it just doesn't fit. With it down it hits right at the edge of my knee cap. Moving the seat around just makes it push harder or softer into my knee cap. I need the pedals to move or the brake handle. I must have long shins because I have posted woundering if it just me and yes it was confirmed to be just me. Every now and then I go back thinking I was crazy and try it again but still no good.

I agree with the size thing. The leg is a great size, not too big, not to small. I am 6'0" 185# and fit fine. Can zip in and out of traffic when I need to park when I need to, etc., etc. Tele wheel would be nice but I am doing OK. I just hope they move the Parking Brake in the next redo. Only time will tell.

Peace,

Greg

I could swear I have seen interior pics of legacys in other markets with the handbrake on the right side of the car. The console below th shifter area is just mirrored, and the shifter is on the other side...

Unless the picture I saw was mirrored (reversed)

If it is available in other countries, one would think it might be retro-fittable. Otherwise perhaps by dismantling the e-brake handle, perhaps one could maybe put a couple of bends in it where it gets covered by the boot, and have it a bit out of the way...

I am going to have to find a legacy to at least sit in this weekend, and re-evaluate all this stuff for my fitment...

Fortunately when it all comes down to it. Yeah my 6.0 foot buddy is a bit challenged to fit comfy, but it is so much better than my WRX was, and he still can sit in the back just fine. Just is amazing. I fit great and the driver is what counts......most of the time...I think.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

Archived