LegacyGT.com

Hotchkis Hollow vs. Solid

washburn33

Here is the comparison of the WRX STI street sway bars from the Hotchkis.

Hotchkis Tuning Sport Sway bars improve your handling and reduce body roll. Turn in with confidence and late brake in the corners with our track tested lightweight hollow sway bars. Sway bar sets include front and rear bars, greasable bushings, brackets, and a subframe reinforcement bracket.

Front 1" (25.4 mm) Hollow +50%

Rear 1" (25.4 mm) Hollow

3 Position Rear +50%, +90%, +160%

Hollow VS Solid (To be used as referece only)

Front Bar Rates:

Hotchkis Hollow Bar = 880 lbs/in.

Solid (7/8") = 725 lbs/in.

Rear Bar Rates:

Hotchkis Hollow Bar = 300 lbs/in.

Solid (15/16") = 300 lbs/in

I would rather them release it when it is perfect, then just release it to get it out there. I don't want to deal with the laterally sliding sway bar crap of the whitelines or the control arm bashing of the perrins that Patagonian GT had to deal with. I'll wait 30 martian days when it is ready and perfect.

"Good things come to those who wait."

don't get me wrong. I'll be among the first to buy the Hotchkis products.

but I think the Perrins got a bad rap. I've had both Perrins on for over a year without a hint of trouble. my endlinks loosened up but that was taken care of.

Don't expect big bars and a whole lot of stuff. Typically a sport set is the simpler setup. The competition setup is where its at. Just doubtful that it will come out for a Legacy.

I, too, like Hotchkis quite a bit. But Im tired of waiting. Got Whiteline.

Regarding the sliding and what not. Expect ANY bar to slide side to side.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Don't expect big bars and a whole lot of stuff. Typically a sport set is the simpler setup. The competition setup is where its at. Just doubtful that it will come out for a Legacy.

I, too, like Hotchkis quite a bit. But Im tired of waiting. Got Whiteline.

Regarding the sliding and what not. Expect ANY bar to slide side to side.

Yeah, but not enough to bash brakelines loose.

I'm glad I dumped the WL for a Cusco. The hell with adjustability....just needs to work!

Yeah, but not enough to bash brakelines loose.

I'm glad I dumped the WL for a Cusco. The hell with adjustability....just needs to work!

I dont see this problem that everyone seems to be having.

1. Free collars.

2. I have had mine installed for a couple of days and have done around 75 miles on canyon running (really) and another 200 miles of street/hwy driving without a single issue. The clearance is good and I don't have side-to-side problems. During the times I drive the LGT I drive it fairly spiritedly.

WhiteLine has already addressed the sliding problem that a few (read not most) people had and it should be in the past. No need to continue the negative bashing because you could almost apply a negative bash to just about EVERY LGT part in existance (GP Moto boots, Perrin fitment, Whiteline sliding, etc.). Be happy that the products are even offered. Negative comments that help diminish the small amount of parts doesn't really help the desire for new parts.

"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

I dont see this problem that everyone seems to be having.

1. Free collars.

2. I have had mine installed for a couple of days and have done around 75 miles on canyon running (really) and another 200 miles of street/hwy driving without a single issue. The clearance is good and I don't have side-to-side problems. During the times I drive the LGT I drive it fairly spiritedly.

WhiteLine has already addressed the sliding problem that a few (read not most) people had and it should be in the past. No need to continue the negative bashing because you could almost apply a negative bash to just about EVERY LGT part in existance (GP Moto boots, Perrin fitment, Whiteline sliding, etc.). Be happy that the products are even offered. Negative comments that help diminish the small amount of parts doesn't really help the desire for new parts.

Fair enough. I guess I should stop since the problem has been addressed and WL bars I put on my gf's car work as intended.

its unfortunate that LittleBlueGT still has problems. Its interesting though because my LGT is now a little lower than before. I'll check when i get home tonight. Maybe I'll take a pic or two.

but I think the Perrins got a bad rap.

:iam:

I've had both Perrins on for over a year without a hint of trouble. my endlinks loosened up but that was taken care of.

congrats and consider yourself lucky. Four of us were confirmed to have impact issues and the response from the manufacturer was indicative of their quality control and R&D (or lack thereof).

congrats and consider yourself lucky. Four of us were confirmed to have impact issues and the response from the manufacturer was indicative of their quality control and R&D (or lack thereof).

Actually, I can say that he had SLIGHT issues only. Also, it would have been impossible to use the stiffest rear setting without the use of the extended endlinks from AVO.

The main issue with the Perrin unit from what I saw was the simple fact that it needed extended endlinks.

Also, I wish they still had the three settings as i want the extra rear roll stiffness.

Something to add based on the title of this thread...

I spoke to Mike at WORX tuning and they will be bringing springs and adj. F+R sways to the market in a few weeks. The rears will have reinforcement brackets that fit easily. So far, they have not had any bump or banging issues under hard accel/decel. Also, they used to rebadge Hotchki hollow sway bars like COBB, but they found that the solid bar they are using now has a more linear effect for the same strength, and has much less NVH...

Ted

:spin:

Archived