LegacyGT.com

Cheaper end-links

jsalicru

Mark - How much is enough to make it 'right'?

I've had AVO endlinks fail and they weren't 'cheap'. Others have had Poltec fail. Whiteline HD aren't made for our cars, nor are they adjustable (neither is Cobb).

There is no good option out there, whether cheap or expensive. So, why throw money at a problem when there is no bar set for others to be measured by? I'll be more than happy to replace a $15 part every year vs. having to do the same with a $75 namebrand version.

I know a few others out there have the Cusco versions (which look similar to the AVO types) and has a good amount of angle acceptance.. I was thinking of getting the Cusco version as soon as the stock ones finally take a beating and start falling apart, but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon.

Keefe

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys, let me get the lateral link project out of the way, and I will get onto the links. I have a few other projects out side of the subaru community to finish before taking on a new item. Please send me pictures of failed parts or specific links to threads so I can start collecting the info out there to get a design going. I recommend we stick with PU, signifgantly cheaper to manufacture. I am not a fan of cheap bearings as you can tell by our mounts. I will make it as an option though.

sales@mooresport.com with design ideas that you would like to see implemented and we will go from there.

-mark

• 2 months later...

very nice!! Look similar to the Whiteline HD design at $100/pr

http://scoobytuner.com/images.original/1196.jpg

Pricing Mark?? I'm down for a set F&R if they are a fair deal

The whiteline's use a solid bushing pressed into place. No rotation potential. With the tapered bushing we are using, it allows a little movement on off axis to reduce strain on the bushing. Also, two piece bushing design means you can order the street setup, and install the motorsport bushes for track setups if you wanted to.

We are quarenteeing them for life, even in race use. I believe we are the first company to do this?

How about 110$ shipping included? Retail price is 145$ + transport. That's about 30% off list.

Why not make them adjustable? If they're expected to be used for racing too, you don't want your swaybars to be preloaded if you've gone through the trouble of corner balancing the car.

It can make a huge difference. I had a preload problem bad enough to caused oversteer, but only if I turned to the right. Too bad it didn't behave that way on left turns too.

Warren

The cost to make an adjustable piece properly will not sell. You guys asked me to make a piece that works. You only end up with this preload issue with adjustable bars. Proper setups on race cars with corner weighting, the difference of torsional preload on the bar and links is negligable.

I do not recommend adjustable bars, but if you are using them, use the adjustable bar mounts like COBB offers. They correct the allignment issues.

-mark

Archived