LegacyGT.com

Vendors: Please Make Rear Swaybar Re-enforcement Brackets.

RobY

I am quite certain that it will come with upgraded mounts. Mark Hotchkis is anal about his products. That's why it takes longer to be released. It's done right the first time.

Actually... I was one of the first to buy their WRX Sport Sway set and the replacement rear sway mounts wouldn't fit. The holes were drilled wrong. My friend and I had to dremel them. Hotchkiss admitted this and said they would replace them for free.... By the time I had received them I had actually forgot about them. It literally took months. I'm glad I was resourceful and didn't wait around for them. If I wasn't I would have been a pretty pissed off and unsatisfied customer.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i have sworn off perrin for the rest of my life :p

here here! :lol:

Only one issue every confirmed that I recall.....the one in the picture (someone who works for GPMoto I believe - 'XT6wagon' )

Patagonian GT,

I agree with the brackets for the perrin sway bar. Poorly designed, could not get them on with out major drilling. Likely weakening them so I did not put the brackets on.

If you check out the PERRIN web site they finally took the picture of the 3 hole sway bar down and replaced it with the 2 hole. They also have pictures of solid mounts that appear to bolt UP to the sub frame with 2 bolts. I was under my car putting on my new BOSAL-SPT exhaust( Great sound, somewhat poor weld quality BTW-But..cheap for CBE) and was checking out the spot where they had this new mount installed, I saw only one factory hole, I think it must involve drilling the subframe. Does not sound very appealing.

rjo

awhile ago perrins three hole went to two hole because people didn't realize that the third hole is for autox only. the bushing design changed and the metal spacer has been deleted because it rubbed against the bar.

i'm just got around to contact them and they are sending me the revised bushings with grease free. i still like to be able to adjust my swaybars for a better balance.

awhile ago perrins three hole went to two hole because people didn't realize that the third hole is for autox only. the bushing design changed and the metal spacer has been deleted because it rubbed against the bar.

huh? :confused: they went to two hole because I pestered them until they gave in and admitted they might have a bad design on the market - they let us do their product testing for them while letting us pay for the privilege. The bar hit both rear control arms on anything but the one setting - so, the only way it was functional was to make it non-adjustable. It had nothing to do with people using it improperly - bad design is bad design.

Hi all, I got an answer for all of you, and Cusco already designed the part, just ask Racecomp Engineering if you want a set of these:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/05_ctg/5sbr_pdf/sbr_76.pdf

Part numbers and all are there and are listed. You can use http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr to translate the info that you see there in the PDF (just use the normal copy-paste method to decode the pdf unless you have a better way to translate the page).

Keefe

gruppe-s might be able to smuggle some in on their next shipment. if i read correctly (which may not be the case), the part itself is $50+tax after converting to dollars. Shipping is the problem...

Hi all, I got an answer for all of you, and Cusco already designed the part, just ask Racecomp Engineering if you want a set of these:

http://www.cusco.co.jp/05_ctg/5sbr_pdf/sbr_76.pdf

Part numbers and all are there and are listed. You can use http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr to translate the info that you see there in the PDF (just use the normal copy-paste method to decode the pdf unless you have a better way to translate the page).

good find!

This Space For Rent

^ it works for me, you have to open the PDF first.. then use the "cursor" function and highlight the characters and copy them into the clipboard, then use the Babelfish translator to do the phrases at a time.. babelfish will not decode the PDF, you have to extract the characters out of the PDF bit by bit and put it into babelfish's 150 character-or-less translator to read it. It works for me just fine and I got all the info you need.

Here are the part numbers (note- these parts will not work on the Outbacks)

for BL/BP chassis:

Cusco front endlinks: 667 318 A

Cusco rear endlinks: 684 317 A

Cusco rear endlink reinforcement bracket: 684 316 A

Cusco rear sway bar reinforcement bracket: 684 316 B

Cusco rear sway + endlink brackets: 684 316 S

Keefe

Archived