LegacyGT.com

Top Gear says Legacy Cool, Impreza STI Uncool

Legacy is also in the top ten of the car survey for 05... which is also good news.

-RIP STIG. See the footage here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/downloads/

It is puzzling why the fiat punto is sub-zero, but the Porsche Carrera 2 is Seriously uncool... Must be a brit thing... Or just Jeremy Clarkson's idea of sticking it to the man.

Porsche 911 turbo uncool? Mini Cooper S zub-zero coolness? I don't get it. It is because of the pricks that end up in the Porsches that makes them uncool? If so, now I get it.

That's sort of the gist of the Cool Wall. It's not about how well a car performs or even if it's a good car in general, it's about the aesthetics and other ephemeral things that give it a 'cool' vibe.

Two big rules for cars being uncool:

1) If movie stars and footballers have purchased one, it moves down the cool list. Similarly, if one of the Top Gear presenters buys a car, it moves down the board. This is why the Ford GT is now on the border of 'seriously uncool'.

2) If you have to EXPLAIN your car, it's not cool. That's why the regular M3 is a cooler car than an M3 CSL. You have to explain the CSL part ('Oh yes, it's got a carbon fiber roof and trunk lid, etc. etc').

they 'killed' that one but in the episodes after they replaced him with the newer one, the one you see now. different suit colors

...well...if they built the perfect driver the first time...then they could always build a... more perfect...driver?

Ahh screw it, it's a great show and I don't need to try and figure out British humor...I gave up on that a long time ago with the shows on PBS.

Martin Luther - "Who loves not women, wine and song remains a fool his whole life long."

EL4NFZT7

...well...if they built the perfect driver the first time...then they could always build a... more perfect...driver?

Ahh screw it, it's a great show and I don't need to try and figure out British humor...I gave up on that a long time ago with the shows on PBS.

What's there to figure out? Either you like British humor or you don't. I love it. Speaking of PBS shows, Keeping up Appearances is about the funniest show I've seen in years. Mr. Bean isn't far behind.

Disclaimer: Cars listed A to Z, and not in order of Seriously Uncoolness.

Audi TT

BMW 5 Series

BMW M3 CSL

Megane CC

Peugeot 307 CC

Porsche Carrera 2 Cabriolet

Richard Hammond's Porsche 911 left-hand drive

I almost bought an Audi TT

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Archived