LegacyGT.com

rear wheelwell weatherstripping

What's the point?

Noticed one edge of mine was dangling, went to push it back and noticed part of a dead leaf stuck between it and the metal lip. Took the whole thing off and there was a layer of dirt along the metal lip and the interior of the weatherstripping.

Doesn't appear to keep out water, and I would think over time it would cause more damage than good by trapping debris and holding in water.

Subaru just lazy in rolling the sharp metal lip? Protect the metal from stones tossed from wheels? Known rust area in older Subarus and my above comments completely off?

-B

Rear Wheel Weather----

I have a 05 LgcyGTLTD Wagon and in front of ea. rear wheel are two rubber

thingys that hang down about 3-4" and are about 2-3" wide. What are they

for and WHAT is their purpose. ???

Deadeye Sends

Rear Wheel Weather----

I have a 05 LgcyGTLTD Wagon and in front of ea. rear wheel are two rubber

thingys that hang down about 3-4" and are about 2-3" wide. What are they

for and WHAT is their purpose. ???

Deadeye Sends

Those two rubber thinys are air-deflectors for the tires to actually help part water or anything out of of the tire's intended path of travel. Dont take those two parts off.

Keefe

Those two rubber thinys are air-deflectors for the tires to actually help part water or anything out of of the tire's intended path of travel. Dont take those two parts off.

+1

And if you live in the salt areas like I do you need to blast them with a hose when you wash to get rid of the crude that can collect behind the rubber.

On subject of weatherstripping...

On my sedan, with the trunk open, it isn't clear to me whether the water that drains around the trunk lid is supposed to go over the top of tail light trim or under it. It is a very small gap, that is not really sealed, and it is probably just asking for debris to hold moisture. Should I just seal it up with silicone caulk?

Archived