LegacyGT.com

Watch a CHP officer drive through a wall.

mccorry

What a hoot! I Love laughing at a cop who is risking his life to protect yours and your kids!

The officers in that situation are also putting the public at great risk by chasing the suspect. The stolen car could be easily shadowed by the helicopter that was filming or another police helicopter, and once the aircraft was on station the dangerous ground pursuit could end. Many cities have a no pursuit policy in place for stolen vehicles, traffic violations, and other non violent crimes. Why escalate the danger to the public to chase down a car thief (despicable as they may be) that has no intention of hurting anyone in the commison of their crime.

Now car jackers, murderers, armed robbers, and other violent felons should be chased down as they pose a larger risk than the chase probably entails.

The officers in that situation are also putting the public at great risk by chasing the suspect. The stolen car could be easily shadowed by the helicopter that was filming or another police helicopter, and once the aircraft was on station the dangerous ground pursuit could end. Many cities have a no pursuit policy in place for stolen vehicles, traffic violations, and other non violent crimes. Why escalate the danger to the public to chase down a car thief (despicable as they may be) that has no intention of hurting anyone in the commison of their crime.

Now car jackers, murderers, armed robbers, and other violent felons should be chased down as they pose a larger risk than the chase probably entails.

so its ok to make fun of him for doing his job? Does he make the pursuit rules?

All of you seriously dissapoint me.:icon_mad:

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I was not making fun of him for doing his job, orders are orders. I just don't think the pursuit was doing a very good job of protecting the lives of anyone. There is nothing funny about a car ramming through the side of a building, no mater who is driving the car. Although a professional with training should not mis-judge a turn like that, you have to think about your entry speed before you commit to a turn like that. Perhaps he thought his cruiser could make it, but it's a big old heavy car loaded down with gear, not a nimble little compact car. It looks like the car may have understeered a little, and of course the brakes couldn't haul the car down.

I was not making fun of him for doing his job, orders are orders. I just don't think the pursuit was doing a very good job of protecting the lives of anyone. There is nothing funny about a car ramming through the side of a building, no mater who is driving the car. Although a professional with training should not mis-judge a turn like that, you have to think about your entry speed before you commit to a turn like that. Perhaps he thought his cruiser could make it, but it's a big old heavy car loaded down with gear, not a nimble little compact car. It looks like the car may have understeered a little, and of course the brakes couldn't haul the car down.

let yea who is perfect cast the first stone.....

we all make mistakes, he made one here.

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

I agree with Bu11dogg2.

I posted this cause I thought it was cool footage... not to bash on the police officers doing their job. Hopefully, no one was hurt, including the officer.

let yea who is perfect cast the first stone.....

we all make mistakes, he made one here.

Hey brother I'm not perfect, I've made lots of mistakes in my life, and I know what it's like to follow orders. If you have to give chase you have to give chase, but if you were driving that patrol car would you try to make that turn? I doubt you would have. I will grant that the poor guy didn't have much time to make a decision, but damn if you come up on a turn and you are going too fast to make it just overshoot it slow down and turn around.

Unfortunately, the officer driving the car no doubt got an ass chewing for trying to follow orders and pursue the suspect.

Archived