LegacyGT.com

Best DC Area Dealer?

LegGTLT

A buddy of mine is going to buy a new Subbie (not sure what yet, could be a simple impreza, a WRX, or a Legacy if it's the right price:icon_tong ...) and he's debating whether to buy it out here in Seattle and drive it over or wait till he gets there in October.

Just to give everyone an idea, I've got a great connection here who will usually do about $500 off invoice on most cars. What kinda deals are out there though? Just want some opinions on what deals you all got out there and who's good to deal with. Thanks guys!!!:icon_bigg

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Fitzgerald's in Rockville has good no-haggle pricing. Service dept may not be what it was.

Anapolis Subaru has a good service dept, dunno about pricing.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

had a great experience helping my brother buy his Dodge Grand Caravan at Fritzgerald Auto Mall. Really low prices, no haggle, no surprises, no hidden cost or scams.

I didn't have a good experience at Dulles Subaru when I purchased my 2005 LGT LTM Wagon 5MT, but I was also a really hard negotiator and was too stuck on a particular number that the dealer couldn't meet. I should have gone with their lowest price and working in some accessories at cost like the gauge package or rubber floor and cargo mats.

Springfield Subaru was really nice and helpful when I was just window shopping. Never bought anything from them.

Believe it or not, I have always had a good experience with Stohlman in Tysons Corner. On the Internet Sales side.

That said, in the NOVA area, who has the best service department in your opinion?

I've had nothing but bad experiences at Dulles and Stohlman. FitzMall lied to me. Manassas isn't any better...that leaves Annapolis and Don Beyer - I've always heard good things about both. YMMV.

I got mine from stohlman in tysons. Apparently they have won awards for service and sales. They were pretty good. When i was buying my car there were a few scratches here and there on was a decently size on on the front bumper, so they repainted the whole bumper and got all the other scratches out.

Fitz is BS get price from them and go someplace else for a better deal. Service isnt worth it either.

yes get a price from Fitz and get another dealer to match. Like kick arse Annapolis Subaru. :icon_bigg

• 2 weeks later...
Just bought mine from Penn up in Baltimore. Real small dealer, only been there about 6 months. I have to say it was very easy. I got a great price but we used a buying service through my wifes credit union. They got me the exact car I wanted the next day though.

yes get a price from Fitz and get another dealer to match. Like kick arse Annapolis Subaru. :icon_bigg

I did the same thing. Was gonna buy from Annapolis, but they sold the one I wanted right before I got there. I then headed over to Herb Gordon in Silver Spring, where I picked up the LGT (which I have actually sold since. :( )

Hell, I walked into Herb Gordan and got to take part in a free Chinese buffet!

The staff was great! I got to take my car out on a test drive without a salesperson. I guess because they were really busy, but places usually make you wait.

^^ I actually test drove 3 cars without the salesperson at Herb Gordon.

I wanted to take advantage of that Guaranteed trade in program at the time, so I was comparing the LGT, Baja T, and Forester XT :)

Thanks for all the responses guys! I've got more names and dealerships then I know what to do with!!! I'll have to do some research and see what's closest to him and where it seems like he'll get the best service/deal. It all depends on where he ends up around DC. Thanks again! :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I did't hear anyone mention Paul Brothers in Herndon. I bought my '99 2.5RS there, and they were really easy to buy from. They're a small dealer and are pretty laid back... although their service department didn't impress me.

For 6 years, I took the 2.5RS to Stohlman for service, and although they're expensive, they do good work almost all the time. The one time they misdiagnosed something badly, I caught it, and they very politely refunded my diagnostic fee. They also said the tech who did the misdiagnosis was no longer an employee. The main thing about going there was, I don't think I ever had to take the car back a 2nd time for any repair; everything was done right the first time, and I like that.

I now have a Spec. B that I bought from Fitzgerald. A friend, who works for SOA, recommended I go there for a good price... and she was right. But they're 25miles from my house, so I won't be going there for service. :lol:

Frederick Motor Co. off of Rt 15, Exit 13B, W. Patrick Street. See Corrina. She gave me $1000.00 off invoice plus the Subaru incentives. Got my '06 LGTL Jan. 3rd. they added the $1000.00 from Subaru plus the $500 Subaru Bucks from the GTP incentive. That's $2500 off invoice before I paid a dime! Pretty good. Corrina also is a car nut since she use to race cars.

Archived