LegacyGT.com

Vote: Can The Laughter

mmarton

Do You Hate The Use of "LOL" As Much As I Do?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Hate The Use of "LOL" As Much As I Do?

• No, I like it.
    • Yes, I hate it.

A relative new-comer here, I have a lot of respect for my fellow members. But there exists on this forum one of those little annoyances that eats away at me.

I'm referring to Laughing Out Loud, as demonstrated in the use of the text messaging code "lol" or "LOL."

Let's face it: There is some funny stuff on this site, but the "lol" is used in situations that are hardly funny enough to tell the world that you're laughing out loud. I love a good laugh and I'm not against text messaging all. "WTF," "PITA" and the like are wonderfull tools. "LMAO" is suitable under certain circumstances. But when you write "lol," are you really "lol?"

Call me a jerk or curmudgeon, but I'd like to know who feels the same way through this pole. If a majority thinks about "lol" as I do, then I'd move to formally have the use of "lol" banned from this forum.

Oh, and an early Happy St. Patrick's Day wish before you're too drunk to read this post.

"lol" Good?

"lol" Bad?

:lol: <-- and yes, I'm really laughing at this post. :)

Honestly, I'm just a happy-go-lucky type of guy. I'm known as "the laughing Buddah" in more than one social context.

As such, when I do get MAD...people tend to scramble for cover!!!!!! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

LOL :lol:

I think that we all should show our emotions....:icon_bigg more often!

It lets others see what we are feelin', since they can't really see us...(I hope)....:icon_surp

I get that warm -n- fuzzy feelin' when I know that I made someone laugh :icon_tong

(Hay...I'm just kiddin', but you can't kill communication like that, the cold war is over)

- removed bad taste pic :icon_bigg

waambulance.jpg.ea54f318637e517f02473cd0d89f61e0.jpg

"You poke it, You own it" - Man law supporter

LOL :lol:

I think that we all should show our emotions....:icon_bigg more often!

It lets others see what we are feelin', since they can't really see us...(I hope)....:icon_surp

I get that warm -n- fuzzy feelin' when I know that I made someone laugh :icon_tong

(Hay...I'm just kiddin', but you can't kill communication like that, the cold war is over)

Is it just me, or is that pic in really bad taste ?

It hasn't bugged me on this site much, but in general, on the internet it does. When I played SWG, those idiots would literally use lol like a punctuation mark...sometimes 2 or 3 times per sentance. After that, this place seems pretty under control.
[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

:lol:

It's the way I am in person also...always a smart A$$ remark;)

Very few things get under my skin...usually just :lol: them off!

Yes... there are times where I am actually :lol: while I am typing.

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol Lol
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

My students say this- they actually say Loll :lol:

I did say I'm relatively new here and don't have any idea what some of the senior member code words mean. Whatever. But you have students? How scary.:)

Guest *Jedimaster*
I did say I'm relatively new here and don't have any idea what some of the senior member code words mean. Whatever. But you have students? How scary.:)

That they are.

Archived