LegacyGT.com

Track tonight!

05BluePearlGT

Some of my friends are going to the track tonight. I am gonna run my car as well. Anybody else want to go to....Firebird, I believe?

If you wanna go, Im down to meet. Preferably the North side around 5, or a little souther around 5:30-6? I live on 21 St & Bell, and will be dropping the kids off at my dads around 5:30. Hes up near the 51/Glendale.

My number is:

Chris - 602-446-1864, call if you wanna meet. Ill check back later if I can, but calling would be better.

My friends ended up not going. My friend with a swapped civic, hashis battery in the back and a kill switch where his trunk keyhole is. But its not working right now, so he isnt going. And somebody else has a bad cracked windshield, so hes not going (firebird rules). So Sunday morning we are going to PIR I think it is. Around 9am. If anybody wants to go with, just post up. Im leaving my house around 8:30, maybe 8?

• 2 weeks later...

I couldnt make it...due to.....relationship stuff.......

I was quite upset. I was hoping for 13's, which I thought was highly possible. Well, hopefully soon I will make it. At least I got tuned/new mods, and shit. Im still happy about that, just way depressed that I dont know my times! I cant even post my dyno due to no camera USB. I will have to buy one tomorrow if i dont find it today. I wish the banks were open.

Glad to hear your times were much lower. Do you have any mods?

It wasnt a bad install at all for the DP. The bolts werent too bad. You just need a little leverage, and there is room for it for every bolt on the mani. I just used the rod thing from my 3.5 ton jack. I love that thing. The car is up in a few pumps. The only prob was that a couple bolts came out when only the nut should have come off. So I am 1 bolt short on my manifold, but its not really needed. I double tightened, and will be doing a 3rd today or tomorrow. I figure a week or so with some hard driving would be a good time to tighten them...again. I love the Crucial DP. Its very quiet, just a little lwoer of an exhaust sound. There is a slight boxer rumble, but not much.

I only installed the DP that night, which took about 2 hours, with a bunch of breaks. So about 1.5 hours with working straight on it id say. I ate a meal and smoked a couple things in that time.

The intake took about 20-30 minutes, with a couple breaks, mostly finding my tools.

They were both pretty easy, if anybody ever needs help, let me know. Its pretty simple. Unbolt heat shield, than the 5 bolts to the manifold, than the 2 bolts to the exhaust. And replace.

do both at the same time if u have both.. its a lot easier... i did my up first then my dp... i gotta say the up took the longest...

Hey ... I might be seeing you around in 6 months, we are moving to Avondale ... heh.

do both at the same time if u have both.. its a lot easier... i did my up first then my dp... i gotta say the up took the longest...

That was my plan all along. I am contemplating having my dp Swain Tech coated.

-"Q"

• 3 weeks later...

Archived