LegacyGT.com

Tein basic Installed!!

scgtam

First of all, this is a great site with lot of info. I don't contribute that much so this is my first mod I will tell the impression of this product.

I got this from SF Machiii for $801 with/ tax. I thought this is a pretty good deal. Ordered the top hats for all 4 corners at subaruparts4you.com. Great site w/ fast respone and customer services. $80 shipped I thought is pretty fair price.

Installation start at 2pm. With the help from my friend and simple tools finish the front within 2 hours.

Rear installation was a hassle. The lower bolt of the strut was so tight. Room is not enough for us to use full force. Finally using a breaker bar w/ a brand new short 19mm socket took it off with no problem. Adjusting the lower spring seat also was a hassle. Need to crawl under the car and tighten it. Overall rear installation took 3.5 hourrs and everything is put back.

Impression: This is exactly what I want. Using the suggest setting my LGT right now front can fit 2 finger and back can fit 1.5 fingers.

That isn't much different compare to stock. I would say 20% stiffer than stock. The center of gravity of my LGT is lower turn in is much easier and faster.

I really recommend this product for this kind of money. I will try to take some pictures tomorrow if the weather is good. Peace!

Congrats.

So the word on basic is? Decent comfort. Decent handling improvement. Better Damping that stocks with IONs....?

This is the first legacy I ride and drive in w/ mod suspension. I have no idea it is better than stock with ions. But so far I feel the springs and ths damper matches really well. I love it!

Not to speak for scgtam, but having new top hats makes the installation plug and play, without having to worry about compressing the stock springs to safely remove the stock top hats.

Exactly, Is easy plug and play with the top hats. Why not spend the extra $80 to save the hassle. The best thing, for future if you want to switch it back you can always to that without taking the assembly apart.

I did 5 cars on suspension upgrade before.

Difficulty I will say 4/10. All 4 go to the rear lower strut bolts.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived