LegacyGT.com

thanks for all the help

Yup, plenty of real life experience on this forum to help me make up my mind.

I pulled the pin today. Put the deposit on the Silver 06 Legacy Sedan Ltd. I decided to go for the "green". No Gt.

I know some of you are sure I'll be disappointed, but I'm lookin forward to the new ride.

Pick-er up on Sat.

It's gonna be sweeeeet. Big smiles here.

Thanks.:icon_bigg :icon_bigg

congrats, I know that you will like it. If I were in your shoes, I would have done the same.

Ben (2014 Outback SAP w/ eyesite, 2014 Tribeca Limited, 2006 LGT limited sedan)

Subaru Ambassador PNW

mine's silver as well. It hids all the imprefections great and looks cool as well. My last legacy was silver and was ready for a change when I got the baja, and I got black. Now back to silver as well. It is so easy to maintain its looks IMO.

Ben

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Thanks all !!

inthedeck. I have an outback now, that I'm trading. I just want a "car". Plus, I want the upgrades to a limited and the differences between 02 and 06. I never had silver, but it was the best choice out of the current crop of colors. Plus, as has been mentioned, it won't show up the dirt and imperfections as much.

Believe it or not, at least with motorcycles, silver is the color that gets noticed the most, for accident avoidence.

Hey Panamajack, what's a custom catback ?

A fabricated exhaust system that attaches "after" the catalytic converter.

Sounds like you are excited about your new car, which is great. I look forward to that for myself... in due time... (I keep having to remind myself.)

Silver is a nice color, as much as I rail against it (mostly because I am bored with it on cars, and Subie seems reluctant to paint the Spec B any other color...) On motorcycles, it has been a rare color, that has been getting a little more use. and it is bright enough not to be camoflaged, which is good.

Unfortunately, the 2.5i doesn't get one of the more dramatic colors in the legacy palette. Garnet Red Pearl.

anyway, I am happy for you getting the Legacy you want. Turbo or not, it is still a Legacy, and a damn fine car.

Ha. Nope, no mechanical add ons for me. Stock will be just fine for my purposes.

I am kind of sorry to have been reading about the bad paint on the Subies. My 02 outback paint isn't the best either. I guess I'll have to put a few coats of wax on it to help protect it.

Pics next week hopefully, but I have a crummy camera.

Ha. Nope, no mechanical add ons for me. Stock will be just fine for my purposes.

I am kind of sorry to have been reading about the bad paint on the Subies. My 02 outback paint isn't the best either. I guess I'll have to put a few coats of wax on it to help protect it.

Pics next week hopefully, but I have a crummy camera.

At least upgrade the tires :icon_bigg

I intend to.

Just as soon as the factory ones wear out. :lol:

I'm not alone when I say you are just asking for trouble. Make sure that you check the tire pressure at least once a month. These tires get even more squirrely if they are not up to the recommended pressure.

The RE-92s are nothing like the other tires in Bridgestones inventory. In fact they have been phased out already by the manufacturer. Maybe Subaru got the remainders in a fire sale. In any event you should drive aggressively in an empty parking lot on a rainy day and become aware of the adhesion limits.

But maybe I am crying wolf and you are a very cautious driver? As with everything else, your mileage may vary.

I had one split open at 300 miles and a bubble formed on another at less than 3000 miles. The handling when the pressures are even slightly lower is scary bad. They also have a little tendency to hydroplane when your on a highway and the road has some water.

I've have very close to 8000 miles on my Toyo's and so far they've been really good, and have significantly improved the feel and handling of my car. They're also a major improvement on wet roads.

The only downside, I think the RE92's were slightly better in the snow. Other than that, I can't think of anything good to say about the RE92's.

The RE-92's on my baja only lasted 25k and I drove the snot out of them. I don't intend to do that extream on the ones on my new LGT because I am driving about 80% less now.

Subaru Ambassador PNW

Archived