LegacyGT.com

Anyone up for going to Etown Mar. 8th?

edmundu

Well, I went tonight. Met a few fellow subie's, mostly Sti's, but there was one guy there with a LGT. He was with an Sti from Long Island,NY. They were both tuned by Dave@mspt. Anyhow, now for the bad news:

I didn't break into the 12's as expected....I only ran a string of 13.0-13.3's, the best being 13.032@106.5 mph, had a 1.89 60', and the car weighed in at 3564lbs. IF my driving skills could get a decent launch, I would certainly have had a nice mid 12.6-7 pass, but I didn't.

The mspt STi had much the same stuff as me, except a fmic, and he rocked a few passes with 12.71@106.36 mph with 1.66 60' being his best. Now he only weighed in at 3405, a good 150lbs lighter than me, and we trapped the same. This tells me I'm making the power, just the idiot behind the wheel can't drive....

The other msp LGT(name escapes me) was a stg2 w/Perrin tmic. He was hitting 13.4's@103mph, they both also knew Jon(ktm525).

My cousin had also come down with a stock '06 LGT 5eat/navi, and reeled off a few 14.6-14.8@90.2mph, bone stock.

I also saw a brand new M5 SMG(temp tags and all), putting down consistant 12.67-12.77@113-116mph!

The weather was great, air temp was 43*, humidity wasn't given, but it was about 50-55%, baro was 30.27". So I cannot blame the weather for my times....just me:(

I was like blipping between 3300-4000 rpms, and gently letting off. It put my 60' times from 1.889-2.18. It seemed like on the runs that had a better 60', somehow I lost time elsewhere, like as if maybe I have some sliipage on the 1-2 shift, I don't know... Other times, I botch the launch up, but make up sometime by going a little easier on the 1-2 shift. Now if I could combine different runs together, I'd have a nice timeslip, but alas I do not...

Thanks for the words of encouragement Chris. I felt better knowing that at least the car had similar power to a stg2 Sti. I also beat a Evo 9, that had a fair amount of work done. I got a couple tenths on the tree, and it was enough to hold off his 13.02@109 to my 13.111@106. Afterwards we chatted, and he was relieved to find that I had some work done. He was actually surprised that he wasn't able to reel me in much...

Yeah about Friday, I was going to go then, but I saw the forecast & thought today was the better day, so I went tonight.

I also saw a brand new M5 SMG(temp tags and all), putting down consistant 12.67-12.77@113-116mph!

500hp!!!!

heheheheheheeh

SMG changes gears in 0.2 secs!!!!

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

nice meeting you man! you have one of the hottest leggies i have ever seen. too bad you didnt get that 12 last night, w/ a 106 trap you can def hit a 12.6-.8.

i dont know if you saw it but my buddies last run of the night was a 13.1@104 w/ a 1.99 60ft in the leg. and my last run i ran a 13.009@108.01. cya in a 2 weeks when i have my smc kit installed ;)

full list of mods of the 05lgt;

ecutek mspt tuned

perrin intake

perrin dp

perrin tmic

unorthodox underdrive pulley

txs uppipe

3" catless exhaust, stock mufflers

car weighed in at 3574 w/ driver.

Hey, it was nice meeting you guys as well! I did see your last pass, but not the LGT's! Nice times BTW, and you were gettin' that Sti hooked with 1.6-1.7 60' times. Can't wait to see what you get with the alky. Are you doing the turbo at the same time, or just the alky? It'd be nice to see the hp added by the alky alone...

I guess there is always next time....Did you catch the silver Sti snapping his rear axle on the starting line? Poor guy, that's about the only thing Sti's break in the drivetrain. He has to wait a while for a flatbed to pick it up, that's wait I don't want to experience firsthand.

jeez i saw him on the flatbed pulling in2 a gas station. sucks man but gotta pay to play thats the name of the game. personally i think that guy was kinda stupid because his car was acting shady all night and he continued to beat it. but to each there own...

im going back w/ alky on the stock turbo so you will get to see those numbers. then hopefully ill get my 12.3-4 and then ill retire the vf39 for an externally gated 20g.

On man I wish I knew, I would probably have come man. Let me know the next time you go. I am putting my perrin TMIC on tonight. Going to log and get a new map from Jon soon.

I want to hit 13.0-13.2 if it is a nice cool day. I was thinking about tomorrow too but the weather doesn't look too promising.

On man I wish I knew, I would probably have come man. Let me know the next time you go. I am putting my perrin TMIC on tonight. Going to log and get a new map from Jon soon.

I want to hit 13.0-13.2 if it is a nice cool day. I was thinking about tomorrow too but the weather doesn't look too promising.

http://i2.tinypic.com/r0uona.jpg

Saturday looks like it's gonna be a nice day.

Ohhh Sat is nooo good my friend. Morristown NJ is having its annual St Pattys day that day and bars open at 10am. It is like the best party day of the year....

10am -2am drinking!!! Plus one of my best friends is the bartender at the bar we are going to, so free drinks allllllll day

Archived