LegacyGT.com

Who needs installs done?

whitetiger

what will your availability be like before and after xmas? looking into picking up a downpipe, springs, and i need to do the 30k and i'm coming up on another oil change.

could you PM me availability along with an estimate of how long these would take (and therefore cost)? thanks!

i know i'll manage to get down to you, sometime :)

It really all depends on the weather. ill send you a PM

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Suspension stuff!!

For people who want somthing different than Used spec B/JDM bilstein struts, Tirerack.com and some other places are selling Koni struts for out cars. The fronts are just inserts that require modifying the the stock front struts to put them in. I am capable of doing this service. If anyone is interested, PM me. IMO the koni struts are alot better than the biltseins since they are designed for use with aftermarket springs. Technically the bilsteins are not designed for that purpose.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@whitetiger: Back reading for 31 pages is way too long too wait to see if the questions been asked already, but anyway I just want to know what kind of modification is needed for the konit inserts? Can you descripe it to me? As I can not come to you since I am living in the middle east part of the globe hehehe...

Appreciate your help.

ther are some threads around here that will give you a better discrption, but basically you cut the top off the stock strut to remove the piston and inset the insert in the the housing. Its very somple and all you really need to do it is a drill a hack saw and file.

• 3 weeks later...
Well, warrantee clutches are 4hrs of labor. Generally, for cash work, rule of thumb for most dealers is to double the warrantee labor rate so 8hrs would be the norm. some places may be less, and some may be more. Dealer labor rates are around 75-100 per hour so you do the math.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

condenser took a hit from a rock two years ago. got to get the a/c up and working again. check engine lite on also. reset lite, cleaned pcv and it came on again a week later. got to get that fixed too.

pm'd

Can you do 30k mile services?

I figure if you were willing i could save some bucks over going to the dealer. Can you also give me details on what should be done.

I also figure I might as well replace the things that need to be done with better aftermarket parts (brakes and air filter come to mind)

Thanks

Can you do 30k mile services?

I figure if you were willing i could save some bucks over going to the dealer. Can you also give me details on what should be done.

I also figure I might as well replace the things that need to be done with better aftermarket parts (brakes and air filter come to mind)

Thanks

ah, this is something i would be considering myself when my 30k comes along.

Archived