LegacyGT.com

Smallish sub box mounting options

johnAWD

In my current A4, there are cargo hooks in each corner of the trunk. I'm using a webbed tiedown strap to hold the sub in place using the 2 hooks just behing the rear seats (click here).

I'd like to keep the sub box from moving around in the LGT. How have others secured a single sub box?

I have a box for one 12. B/c the box is carpeted and its weight there is some friction and resistence created between it and the carpet in the trunk, so I don't have it tied or srewed down. I just push towards the back corner of the trunk and it doesnt move. My brother is doing the same thing in his 2001 LGT, and his isnt going anywhere either.

I just have a bungee cord routed through the grille and handle on my sub, then hooked to the bottom of the rear deck. It keeps it in place, but I don't care for the ghetto look of it and it positions the sub somewhat in the middle, blocking the pass-through.

I've had that set up for about 2 months or so and I have never had to shift it back. I don't drive too aggresively, but over the course of those two months I know I have floored it and taken spirited drives on twisty roads. So far its worked pretty well, though I'm sure the type of carpet on the box makes a difference.

I have a single 10" orion in a carpeted box positioned up against the seat back in the corner. I do drive "spirited" and it doesn't move, at all. If your carpet is too slick, just attach some of the rough half of velcro to the bottom. That should help create a little more friction.
ignore him, he'll go away.

Anyone remember the original Lanzar amps?

Anyways, yes, velco. Staple some strips to the box and stick it to the floor or the back of the seats if the box is angled.

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

Yes. Lanzar had some interesting amps and subs. Interesting factoid, I had a Lanzar 10" sub once, and found that the woofer its self was actually identical to the sub in my home audio system (Ohm Walsh series)

--Lee

Archived