LegacyGT.com

Questions, questions, questions (SpecB)...

Hello to all on the board. I own a Spec B. NICE(!) car but it has some minor irritations. Any help would be appreciated.

1. How the hell do you turn off that annoying seat belt chime? I looked at the other threads here and tried to follow the guidelines but the d*mn thing keeps beeping. Does anyone know an easier way to turn off the chime? Can you clip the wire leading to the seat belt and just splice the ends together to complete the circuit?

2. Does buying the AccessPort from Cobb Tuning and installing the stage 1 Power Package void the SOA warranty? Has anyone bought the stage 1 and does it really work as well as described? What does it do to gas mileage?

3. I don't know WHY SOA set the steering wheel controls to search for the next station instead of just jumping between preset buttons. Anyone know how to reprogram it?

4. Are there any sites that describe the various mods available? I would like to get some information on modding before I jump into something I haven't done before and don't want to mess up the warranty.

Thanks(!) in advance.

1. How the hell do you turn off that annoying seat belt chime? I looked at the other threads here and tried to follow the guidelines but the d*mn thing keeps beeping. Does anyone know an easier way to turn off the chime? Can you clip the wire leading to the seat belt and just splice the ends together to complete the circuit?

- old nintendo trick : http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6210

2. Does buying the AccessPort from Cobb Tuning and installing the stage 1 Power Package void the SOA warranty? Has anyone bought the stage 1 and does it really work as well as described? What does it do to gas mileage?

- It really depends on the dealer, cobb stage I and II are an improvment over stock!

3. I don't know WHY SOA set the steering wheel controls to search for the next station instead of just jumping between preset buttons. Anyone know how to reprogram it?

- Nope, never read anything about it

4. Are there any sites that describe the various mods available? I would like to get some information on modding before I jump into something I haven't done before and don't want to mess up the warranty.

- Yes everywhere Search for TMIC, FIMC, Turbo, Up Pipe, Downpipe, CBE, Turboback, Suspentions....awww hell just do what I did when I first got here way back when, I think I read almost every thread, then installed almost every part to see what it did :D Oh and almost every part can void PARTS of your warranty but not the full thing!

As everyone said, search is your friend when you are first learning, if you can't find anything after a long search...post away ;)

Welcome and enjoy :icon_bigg

You can also turn off the chime by putting the belt on... That's what I do.

the radio controls are kind of my thing so here goes with the seek buttons: The radio controls will only control the seek function, and when in CD mode the track of the CD. This is not easily changeable.

If you wanted to change the controls, you would need to physically modify the button to change the resistance it sends to the radio. That is only if the stereo will accept a command via the controls interface to change the preset (this, if it is possible, is not documented), then the controls would change the preset, and the CD, but you will loose the seek +,- and track +,-

When I joined here, I started by reading all the sticky's and how to's, that will give you a good head start, and help you to weed out the crap during future searches.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

I find that the seatbelt chime is not annoying at all. I guess thats because I wear my sealbelt and magically the chime stops.

Exactly! And the passenger seat belt chime is even better because it means I don't have to remind my passengers to buckle up. They do it just because the chime annoys them into submission.

Exactly! And the passenger seat belt chime is even better because it means I don't have to remind my passengers to buckle up. They do it just because the chime annoys them into submission.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LOL, not this debate again.......:D

Me, I park in my garage and keys are always in the ignition.........

Does it premote saftey, hell yeah. But when I'm do'n AP work, setting up logging, work'n on the interior, do'n stereo stuff, cleaning (which I do alot) pulling it outta the grarage to warm up, trips to the mailbox (live in condo community) blah blah The ding is just unbareable.....I'm not gonna put on my belt for those lil things :D

When I go to my dealer, they ALWAYS ask me to do the nintendo trick to some of their cars....personal, and dealer cars......BTW, it works on all subies ;)

This debate will never end, just like the hids and many others, so lets stick to answering his questions.

If he wants to get rid of the San Fransico Ding....by all means its a free country :D

Remember I am the Devil......:icon_twis

LOL, not this debate again.......:D

Me, I park in my garage and keys are always in the ignition.........

Does it premote saftey, hell yeah. But when I'm do'n AP work, setting up logging, work'n on the interior, do'n stereo stuff, cleaning (which I do alot) pulling it outta the grarage to warm up, trips to the mailbox (live in condo community) blah blah The ding is just unbareable.....I'm not gonna put on my belt for those lil things :D

When I go to my dealer, they ALWAYS ask me to do the nintendo trick to some of their cars....personal, and dealer cars......BTW, it works on all subies ;)

This debate will never end, just like the hids and many others, so lets stick to answering his questions.

If he wants to get rid of the San Fransico Ding....by all means its a free country :D

Remember I am the Devil......:icon_twis

Subaru dealers are idiots.:icon_mad:

Wow, someone's ooc with the seatbelt thing.......:icon_tong

Nah they are actually good about it (or so they tell me), they only want me to do it to the ones they have to transport to another dealer on a long trip.....when they get to their destination pop off the battery and the:

DING DING DING DING DING DING.........................

DING DING DING DING DING DING...........................

DING DING DING DING DING DING ............................

is back for all to enjoy........

It's all a preference.....Some love it, some hate it, it's the way the world revolves ;)

I find that the seatbelt chime is not annoying at all. I guess thats because I wear my sealbelt and magically the chime stops.

yes..but there are instances where you just don't need your seatbelt. I live on a dead end street, when I drive to the end of the road to take my son to the bus stop, I do not want to sit there waiting for the bus with my seatbelt on...I'm going 200 feet from my house. Since it's cold out, I leave the car running for the heat and the chime was just aweful. I disabled it a while ago. I wear my seatbelt anyway, I do not need a chime to remind me. There isn't anything wrong with a reminder, but they should have made it so it turns off after like 10 seconds.

1. How the hell do you turn off that annoying seat belt chime?

Probably not the best solution, but it works for me, and it's free...

I got this one for my VW R32, but every dealership/parts dept provide them free of charge, just tell them you have heavy set passengers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v511/MacR32/R32SeatBeltExtender1.jpg

Archived