LegacyGT.com

Finally got the GT last night...

inthedeck

So, after waiting for approx. 6 weeks, I finally dropped off the WRX wagon -- only to pick up the GT Sedan (non-ltd.). Silver. 5MT, STi STS kit, all weather mats, wheel locks, momo shift knob, STi pedals, subwoofer/amp, security upgrade, and the air filtration kit. Also kept the rubber cargo liner from the wagon...so as to keep the trunk clean...and to be able to leave wet umrebllas, etc on the rubber, vs. the carpet. Took it out for a drive...and it was nice. I am following the same break-in method I did for the WRX...and so far so good. It's hard, but hey, initial care will lead to a lifetime worth of trouble free motoring. Keeping RPM's below 4K, car under 60 MPH, and slipping the clutch (esp. in 1st), etc. Fits 5 people pretty nicely (with 3 heavier people in the back seat -- who did not complain as they did in the WRX wagon, before this). This mind you, while I was driving in Astoria and parts of Jackson Heights (Queens). Also drove a little stretch of I-678 (VWE) to get to the Whitestone Br. and heard NO complaints -- neither did anyone feel nautious. The stereo is MUCH better compared to that of the WRX (maybe just cause I don't have the wagon anymore) but the bass is nice and tight (not overpowering, just right, IMHO). Treble is nice...and the midrange is finally a nice addition. Speed is linear, and doesn't seem to lag (but then again, I am not hitting it hard), the auto climate control was easy to figure out (did not see the need to test the heated seats), and the gauges are all nice. There are multiple settings for the gauges, and it's nice to be able to do that. The STS is really nice...just a little tricky to use in first gear...but I am sure I will get used to it, and it will break in a little more. Definately feels nice over the stock shifter, etc. The Momo knob is good to feel...but not quite sure if I will keep it on there -- too early to tell. As for everything else, I am sure I will know more once I drive it a bit more. So far, so good...and can't wait to get home to drive it!! Darn car-pooling to work! Hehe. Will try to get some pics, when I have a chance to wash it, etc. later, i.

thanks gentlemen...(and ladies, if any). The car is nice...just finished washing and waxing it. The claybar is AWESOME and does wonders. The paint on the car feels as smooth as glass -- took me long enough...it better. As for the cargo liner, axis, I didn't have to trim it. It's a hair small, but that's OK in my book (maybe about 2 inches on each side). It helps to have though...so I am glad the dealer didn't have a hissy fit when I took it out. And mccorry...another forum member, from NY, llmask, is waiting for his car too -- so don't worry, u are not alone. Thanks agctr...I am sure to find some time to take some pics (rather dark at this point...and my arms are tired!!) :lol: Later all, and thanks again. i.

[quote name='inthedeck']And mccorry...another forum member, from NY, llmask, is waiting for his car too -- so don't worry, u are not alone. i.[/quote] Congrats on the car. I'm waiting back from a quote from one place before I proceed with placing my deposit. As soon as I get rid of this feeling that I'm being screwed, I'll have my Legacy. - Mike

[quote name='godwhomismike'] Congrats on the car. I'm waiting back from a quote from one place before I proceed with placing my deposit. As soon as I get rid of this feeling that I'm being screwed, I'll have my Legacy. - Mike[/quote] Yeah, I hear ya Mike...the lease just doesn't seem to be cutting it...in terms of the numbers you posted in another thread. Personally, I wouldn't do it...but hey, I hope you get a good deal no matter what. And thanks, i.

Ridge...nope, wasn't me. I was still in the shower at that time...hehe. Must have been another with a silver one. I usually drive up north, to Purchase...via 95 to 287. I HATE the hutch north at that time in the morning...it's SOOOO SLOWWWW! :evil: Later, i.

Definately...llmask... It took a couple of hours, but I used a claybar (with solution) after I washed the car. Then, waxed it, and buffed it. Comes out smooth as silk. It's a wonder what claybars do...as I have never used them before. But now, I would never go without. It does add a little time to the process...but nothing too crazy. Later, and thanks to all, i.

[quote name='inthedeck']Definately...llmask... It took a couple of hours, but I used a claybar (with solution) after I washed the car. Then, waxed it, and buffed it. Comes out smooth as silk. It's a wonder what claybars do...as I have never used them before. But now, I would never go without. It does add a little time to the process...but nothing too crazy. Later, and thanks to all, i.[/quote] Just don't use the claybar too often, or you can damage your paint. Generally, if you run you hand across the paint after the car has been washed and it feels rough all over the car, clay before waxing. Otherwise, just go ahead and wax. Kevin

[quote name='gtguy'] Just don't use the claybar too often, or you can damage your paint. Generally, if you run you hand across the paint after the car has been washed and it feels rough all over the car, clay before waxing. Otherwise, just go ahead and wax. Kevin[/quote] Yeah, I figured once every six months or so should do the trick. I figure waxing it every couple of months should keep things nice and smooth. Thanks for the advice, anyhow. Later, i.

Claybars are pretty cool. And it's amazing how much stuff you can remove from your brand new car! Claying every 6 months sounds a little too often to me. If you wash your car weekly and clean/wax every few months, your claying intervals should be years. But YMMV especially if you live in an area of pine trees, big birds and industrial fallout. Ken

Thanks for the tip. I suppose that I will have to get a 'feel' for when to clay. It's not something that I have been used to, in the past, so the more info. the better. I know in NY, with all the salt covered roads, I might just do it every spring, when the weather becomes nicer. I do park in a parking lot with lots of trees/birds, but nothing that a little wax wouldn't be able to handle. Also, with all the new roads being built/repaired around the area, I am sure that tar can become pretty tedious to get off with just wax...so, I guess I will wait and see how it pans out. Thanks again, i.

[quote name='mccorry']Hey [b]inthedeck[/b], ... got [img]http://www.columbusracing.com/ubb/graemlins/pics.gif[/img] :wink:[/quote] ACK!! I will go out, and take some now...is there a way that I can post them on the board? Otherwise, I will have to wait until my brother gets home, so that I can post them on his site. Later, i.

gt_ltd....that's one of the things that I kept from the WRX wagon that I traded in. It's not a 'part' that you can buy for the legacy...but hey, feel free to buy a rubber cargo mat for the WRX wagon, and walaa...it fits. And, apologies for the quality of the pictures...I just took some real quick, before heading out with the gf. I will take some better ones this weekend...to possibly enter into the 'contest' thread. Later, i.

Archived