LegacyGT.com

Sitting on the fence. Stage 2 people chime in

X2Board

you cannot compare STI performance to an LGT without thousands done to it... my stage2 LGT is as quick as STI (stock) on a straight line.. but other than that it is highly inferior... who needs comfort when what you really want is SPEED?!

I would like both comfort and speed, the car in stock form fits the bill quite nicely, but of course there is always more to be had, just think of how boring it would be if Subaru made it perfect from the factory and all we got to do was drive. Stock for Stock, I would not say the LGT is "highly inferior". Just apples to oranges, but then again, blended juices are sometimes better than the pure taste of one or the other ;) if you get my drift.

I'm wiped, pictures will come later, some lucky B'stard is getting my "old" STI with Coated GP MOTO equal length headers, Crucial Shorty and a TurboXS axel back, just add EM of choice and go. The dealer was nice enough to add $900.00 for my mods if I left them on the car, but I kept my unmarried AP.

The dealer was nice enough to add $900.00 for my mods if I left them on the car, but I kept my unmarried AP.

Congrats! AFAIK and from everything I've read, the STI AP won't work with the LGT. So what are your plans for the AP? Are you going to convert one of your LGTs to and a full STI setup?

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Congrats! AFAIK and from everything I've read, the STI AP won't work with the LGT. So what are your plans for the AP? Are you going to convert one of your LGTs to and a full STI setup?

SBT

The API is going to be for sale over on http://www.iwsti.com, no STI conversion plans, just a protuned 18 or 20G down the road. But I'm going strait to Cobb Stage 2 after the break in. The short shifter is sweet, it feels better than my STI's stock shifter, I just need a shorter shift knob to replace the stocker.

X2

Okay - that's the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen the word "snail" and I can't for the life of me, pull it out of context. What the heck is a "snail" on a FI car?

IBneedinmoreeducation

SBT

Okay - that's the 2nd or 3rd time I've seen the word "snail" and I can't for the life of me, pull it out of context. What the heck is a "snail" on a FI car?

IBneedinmoreeducation

SBT

http://www.3.8mustang.com/performance/images/106_big-turbocharger.jpe

http://www.rspb.org.uk/Images/garden_snail_180_tcm3-60324.jpg

Kinda looks like the same :icon_wink

Ah so desu ka? Wakarimasu, ima nei. My education for the day is complete - but I can tell you that I would never have made that association.

Thanks - SBT

Archived