LegacyGT.com

Will these fit on an XT

Migraine

I'm wondering if anyone has tried or knows if 245/45/18's will fit on an XT without modifying the fenders. The diameter is slightly smaller the the stock 225/55/17 stock. The width would be roughly half and inch on each side. The rear of the front wheel well has plenty of room but the front looks like it would be tight.

Another question if they do fit. What will this do to snow/ice traction? Will the car want to slide more since the tires are fatter and not sinking into the snow? I'm used to driving the truck in bad weather, which has mud/snow tires. If you have a truck Yokohoma Geolander III's are awsome in the nasty stuff. Lot of road noise though.

as this is a few days old and no repsonses (even though I see 70 views) I would suggest PM'ing Xenonk or Jedimaster for some details as Xenonk is very good with wheels and tires and off-sets and Jedi has an Outback and loves to help out n00bs.

I on the other hand, can offer no assistance except that I have seen other OBXT members here with big wheel and tire combo's and if you search the forum you might see some results (search for mweiner)

Archived