LegacyGT.com

Check engine light!?

tekkitan

Yes today I got the dreaded check engine light (dreaded for me anyways).

It has gone on before. I go around this curve on the highway on my way home from work, and when I come out of the curve sometimes my CEL will start flashing then stop after a few seconds.

Today it started flashing in the same place, then stayed solid. It is still solid. I checked my oil, it's full. It seems to run alright, so I was wondering if anyone knew what could be the problem and give me some things to check before I take it in.

It's a 2000 Legacy GT Limited (2.5L no turbo)

Well I cleared the code and drove it today. Drives as good as it ever did.

I'll check the spark plugs and all this weekend.

forestir: i do get on it out of the curve when it happens :)

today i eased up on it out of the curve though.

What spark plugs did you put in??

I tried Bosch Platinums and had misfires after 6 months. Now have NGK V-power spark plugs in the Legacy, AC Delco Rapidfires in my GA. Have been happy with both.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

Forgot to mention the car also still had the original spark plug wires, that's ~10.5 years, and the plugs had about double the gap they were supposed to. Ran a lot smoother, and pickup was worlds better after we changed them.

There's no point in putting "high end" plugs in an 11yr old car, or any other car, unless you have engine mods to actually make use of them.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

with CEL flashing & not happening all the time i would look at plugs/or wires, or even a injector, pooping then spraying. not compression/ or head gasket.

tekkitan- i live right next to ya if u need help. my # on our local site if u want to give a call or pm me.

Archived