LegacyGT.com

Turning an L into a GT

savinien

OK, here's a start: upgrade your headlights to the top/bottom split, install the rear LSD, and upgrade the front springs to GT stock.

Here's a better idea: Don't upgrade an L to a GT; it's not like making a replica 22b.

How much are you looking to spend? We can guide you from there.

Well I don't really want to make a replica as to more of my own suped up Legacy. I love my car. I like the idea of upgrading the suspension. But first I want to upgrade the horse power.

As for the turbo, I need to do some more research. I thought it already had the turbo in it to the high pitch sound it makes when you get high in your RPMs as if the turbo was kicking in.

What about the air intake on the engine! What can I do to change that, like putting the scoop on the hood???

The scoop isnt actually functional (its only on there for aesthetics in the US, but in japan they got a 2.0L twin turbo with a TMIC that utilized the scoop). I recommend doing the suspension, handling and brakes first, so you can stop and handle the power when and if you do turbo charge it.

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

OK, you are way off on a few things.

Performance wise the only difference between and L and GT is suspension and brakes.

There aint no turbo unless the previous owner put it in. A turbo kit will run you $4000 for parts only. Looking into an engine swap is the best option for turbo.

You can get an intake and exhaust.

www.boxer4racing.com is a good place.

OK, you are way off on a few things.

Performance wise the only difference between and L and GT is suspension and brakes.

Only in the BE/BH models, like yours

There aint no turbo unless the previous owner put it in. A turbo kit will run you $4000 for parts only. Looking into an engine swap is the best option for turbo.
If you do really want to go with a turbo you can only run about 5 psi of boost because like most NA motors, it is in no way really built to handle the turbo

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Turbo will cost you some money. In all Honesty you might as well drop a new engine in the car(WRX engine). For HorsePower go exhaust,( SPT, BORLA,) are good. Intakes, (INJEN), and suspension was my first upgrade I went with a rear whiteline swaybar, and a cusco front swaybay bar, and a front strut tower brace. then you'll get into a lot more money to upgrade stuff so far I've dropped about $1100 but most the parts were done my self so saved me some shop time.

Archived