LegacyGT.com

First Mod: ??

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, after crazy mod'n my old GT (http://www.pimpmyauto.com), I'm in the same boat.......what to do to the new Spec-B first......so many damn things to do....

What are you look'n for.....

The boards AVE answer will be

1) Cobb AccessPort

2) Downpipe and go to stage 2

For me, I think I'm gonna start all over again with the STS (Short Throw Shifter) be'n my first mod.

I don't know HOW in gods name you guys drive around with that stock shifter, the thing is an 80 foot tree, I feel like a damn monkey driving around with it ;)

just ordered sways (cusco f+r) so i guess thats my suggestion.

ill be getting wheels/tires next once my saab sells (so maybe never :p), then crucial exhaust if it turns out well, debating AP and STS. I don't mind the stock shifter but getting into 5th is tough...I would imagine an sts would only amplify the difficulty.

i bought from edo performance. gruppe-s was taking too long and i felt like supporting a good shop. gruppe-s is the cheapest i know of at $315/set but you have to wait and not mind them going around the US distributor (which = better pricing...good for you, bad for other shops---disclaimer---I don't know this is true with 100% certainty but have heard it from several shops in the suby community)

theyve been out of stock for weeks at gruppe-s. a friend of mine has bought a brazillion dollars worth of stuff from edo and loves them...

sidenote--i drove my friends sti on saturday...deadbolt 20G tuned to 400whp on pump gas. it was fun :D

im assuming youre talking about straight line performance? id bet any amount of money i would be faster around a track (one with turns) with stock motor but sways+better tires than on stock suspension and tires but stg2.

just depends on what makes you happy...which i suppose the original poster has to decide

Its much cooler when you tell a 14 year old kid gauking at your car that you have xxx number of horsepower instead of saying you put money to buy new tires or sways. Not everyone races around cones in a parking lot. Some of us just like the feeling of punching it on an entrance ramp.

just depends on what makes you happy...which i suppose the original poster has to decide

i guess i stopped caring about what 14yr olds think once i turned 15. :lol:

i like the feeling of punching it on an entrance ramp...but even more so if the entrance ramp happens to be a big loop :D

Archived