LegacyGT.com

body color calipers

Billy Dagwood

Ok, so I've only had my car for a few days, but I'm already noticing that those calipers look pretty narsty the way they are.

Anyway, I was reading through the various posts on caliper painting, but I didn't see any mention of painting them body color. First of all, I would love some opinions of this little photochop I did real quick.

Second, any idea on how I could get appropriate paint for calipers in atlantic blue? What exactly am I looking for?

(Please don't flame the newbie! .. this is my first car, and I've never, ever, ever done any car work before so I'm a little squeamish about monkeying around with it too much)

bodycolorcalipers3.thumb.jpg.74b0a3407b9596d293d9f53075ee4aac.jpg

Yeah, I was kinda worried about that .. hence the photoshop. I was hoping having them body color (specifically THIS body color) might be subtle enough to avoid the ricey problem.

Also, can I just say that I took the car out on the highway for the first time today, and I must say I take great comfort in knowing that, when riced-out civics blow by me, I could just downshift, take off, and burn them. And not destroy my engine in the process. And, now that I think about it, not be a cop magnet either.

I'd like the Brembo setup for front & rear, but since that's uber penny, I'll just paint the factory ones black so they're not as visible with 18" wheels on.
It is the disposition of men to desire that which he cannot have, hence my un-quenchable wet desire for Shakira!

Get the Rotora BBK. Mine will be here in about 2 days. Fronts for now, rears very very soon. They have a pearl blue which will match pretty nicely. Plus they clear the stock 17"s.

look about half way down in this post \/ \/ \/ It shows what I am getting. They are sweet looking.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17387

The key here is that you can't just paint them with standard temp paint, and naturally you can't get high-temp paint in the many OEM colors. This is why we all picked mostly generic colors.

+1

On stock calipers there really isn't any point in drawing attention to them. I would suggest that you just paint them silver or black so they blend in and disappear.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

i think that the stock brakes are nice enough to justify painting them a bright color.

With larger more open wheels it might not look as good, but i think that it works well with the stock wheels. I've gotten several compliments on my red calipers.

i think that the stock brakes are nice enough to justify painting them a bright color.

With larger more open wheels it might not look as good, but i think that it works well with the stock wheels. I've gotten several compliments on my red calipers.

i have a ABP Legacy, personally i want to paint mine light blue (like Rotora) or just simply black with Subaru logo on it like what scan007 had done :iam:

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Archived