LegacyGT.com

Car care help

so... I've had my car for 7 months now and washed it/waxed it once. This is my first car, and I know NOTHING about anything pretty much.

Can someone give me a quick walkthrough on what the different types of products i'll need to put on my car... I was hoping to expand my list to more than just 1-car wash 2-wax. =P

I want to make my car shiny, and give it there care it deserves. =) I'd prefer something that is easier to do because i have no hose readily available since i live in an apt. This has contributed to my laziness...

SEARCH this forum, and check out PREMIUMAUTOCARE.com. all your questions will be answered. there is a S#$% load of info in this section on pretty much anything you'd want to know.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

SEARCH this forum, and check out PREMIUMAUTOCARE.com. all your questions will be answered. there is a S#$% load of info in this section on pretty much anything you'd want to know.

Hey Ocdetails, how 'bout some product for the free plug!:icon_bigg

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Hey, if PremiumAutoCare.com was my store then that would be an option.

PremiumAutoCare = Florida

OCDetails = Utah

I'm just a customer like the rest of ya. :)

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

• 3 weeks later...

what is the best wax/wash/etc for someone who wants to make their car as shiny as possible, without having to purchase anything outside of microfiber towels and wash mitts - i'd rather buy anything big right now, esp since I don't have space to put it.

so what i'm gathering is that the polishing step is the one that leaves swirls? is there a product that doesn't swirl as much? WITHOUT a machine?

I have some questions like that answered on http://www.ocdetails.com. There are some good product suggestions in the product section as well as other tips in the FAQ section. Go to OCDetails.com and click on the OCD University section for the articles. I need to get my butt in gear and update some things, but it is still good information.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

what is the best wax/wash/etc for someone who wants to make their car as shiny as possible, without having to purchase anything outside of microfiber towels and wash mitts - i'd rather buy anything big right now, esp since I don't have space to put it.

so what i'm gathering is that the polishing step is the one that leaves swirls? is there a product that doesn't swirl as much? WITHOUT a machine?

here's what i use:

quality wash mitt and microfiber towel

meguire's nxt car wash

best bang for buck wax is s100; if you have a dark color, pinnacle works great too!

quality sealant that lasts longer than wax is Klasse brand (winter/UV protector)

as your car get older and your paint isn't as smooth, don't forget to clay (clay magic works awesome)

these helped me to start off...you need to do the search for more info

Archived