LegacyGT.com

Leaving the LGT Forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice choice, mjcdriscoll! I actually briefly considered a '99 C4 before I got the LGT, but I figured it wouldn't really be a practical daily driver for me. I found quite a few in the $35-39K range, so they weren't too far out of line with other cars I considered: 330xi (probably used), Jaguar X-Type (also probably used), Passat W8 (new but discounted).

The 996 C4 is actually kind of my dream car. Yeah, it would eventually get expensive to maintain, but I know a good independent Porsche mechanic that would be as reasonable as I could hope for. Hell, I doubt if it would be much more expensive to maintain than my A4 was.

Porches with the exception of Turbo models, to maintain are not thaat expensive, I really think Audi's are more expensive, especially because of the Porsche community which one helps the other mentality a lot, and they do interact and get local mechanics, shops, etc....

This is an AWESOME car, not a daily driver though, but indeed a nice car, congrats on your new ride!!!!!

AERO KIT on the future plans?

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

People who buy Ferrari's aren't too worried about paying for repairs, and they often have a backup car or two, or 5!:lol:

actually, you could pick up a used ferrari in excellent condition for about the same price as a brand new spec-b; course, once you own it, the difference in maintenance costs and repairs is A S T R O N O M I C A L, like i said before

mjcdriscoll- Just CONGRATS man. Straight-up beauty. Well done man! I'm honestly happy for you, that thing is sick. Well done...

kmurph- HOLY $H^T!!! Ok, I bow down to that M5. It's just plain gorgeous... just out of curiosity, what's he want for that beautiful F'N machine?:icon_bigg

Nice choice, mjcdriscoll! I actually briefly considered a '99 C4 before I got the LGT, but I figured it wouldn't really be a practical daily driver for me. I found quite a few in the $35-39K range, so they weren't too far out of line with other cars I considered: 330xi (probably used), Jaguar X-Type (also probably used), Passat W8 (new but discounted).

WOW! I don't follow the used market very well but that seems like a really decent price for those. I used to work at a Porshe/Audi dealership and have driven everything from a Boxster to a 911 Turbo. I loved the 4 and 4's though. Just a "daaaaaaaaammmn" kinda experience you know?

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

kmurph- HOLY $H^T!!! Ok, I bow down to that M5. It's just plain gorgeous... just out of curiosity, what's he want for that beautiful F'N machine?:icon_bigg

Yeah...it's a beautiful M5...probably the cleanest 2001 you'll find....and it's a BMW individual car...meaning the interior is not a standard BMW color and the dash is entirely covered in leather. There's over $25K in mods...I think he would like to get somewhere in the 50s and would be willing to remove some upgrades to reduce the price...If anyone is interested, let me know...he has a new V10 M5 on order and it will be delivered in 14 weeks. He'd like to sell the car soon.

I (legally) drag raced him a few times at a local event and actually did pretty well up to around 80 because he could not keep the rear end planted...tooooo much torque. He passed me like I was standing still...

http://members.roadfly.org/kmurph/KPMMKDrag.jpg

I have now had the 911 for about a week now & I am really amazed at how well it corners & handles :icon_bigg

so far it seems like I have only had the car working @ about 75-85% of what it can do around a wide open corner - it truly is awe inspiring!!!!

Archived