LegacyGT.com

Damnit! I broke my RBS lip spoiler!

crash

4 count'em 4 days after I put the damn thing on, I kissed a curb while parking at my daughter's day care this morning!! :( :(

I'm so upset right now I could scream!!!!

I guess I'm just not careful enough to have a fiberglass front lip spoiler :(

Sorry to hear that dude I'm sure you could have a body shop repair the fiberglass.

I'm not sure that it is worth it to be honest.

If I broke it once, I'd probably break it again...

I guess I"m just going to save up the coin for the STi urethane version

Huh, knock on wood, but I've actually been impressed by how tough my RBS front lip is. I was pulling out of a parking lot and didn't turn sideways enough so the bottom of the lip hit the pavement. Heard it scraping my whole way on to the street. When I got out to check there was nothing visible at all. The underside was scuffed up, but no cracks. Yesterday, I let the mobile detailer that comes by my office complex wash my car. When he pulled it back into my parking he ran the front lip up on to the curb a bit. Again, a couple more scuffs on the underside, but other wise no damage.

that's why i took my lip off for the winter. ;)

RIP to the fallen lips.

My plan was to pull it off that weekend - I think we got snow that Friday. It doesn't snow here in November, but it did this winter. :(

I broke mine into 3 pieces but repaired it to like new. Did preliminary fiberglassing with the spoiler bolted in place after adding extra bolts for support. Strengthened it with fiberglass strips on the underside. Then I removed the spoiler from the car for finish work and repainting. I think these spoilers will stand up to more abuse if you use 3 times as many bolts as come with them - especially in the middle where you're supposed to use that stupid tape.

Huh, knock on wood, but I've actually been impressed by how tough my RBS front lip is. I was pulling out of a parking lot and didn't turn sideways enough so the bottom of the lip hit the pavement. Heard it scraping my whole way on to the street. When I got out to check there was nothing visible at all. The underside was scuffed up, but no cracks. Yesterday, I let the mobile detailer that comes by my office complex wash my car. When he pulled it back into my parking he ran the front lip up on to the curb a bit. Again, a couple more scuffs on the underside, but other wise no damage.

+1

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Cracked, repaired and repainted mine thrice. Shattered on 4th incident; went in thr trash.

Need to be very cautious and/or lucky to run a fiberglass lip on a lowered car...at lease more so than I was.

^^ Yeah, fiberglass ain't exactly ideal for that application... but you can't fault RBS for that. Doing that same part in a more forgiving injection-molded plastic is ridiculously expensive for the volume you could sell.

Seek first to understand, then to be understood.

In other words: SEARCH before you post!

Yeah I've had both lips on my cars.......STi one took some major abuse, even almost survived an head on accident, made it out with a few cracks, but in one piece..

The RBS, is more fragile but obv a perfect fit as the sti isn't. If you drive straight into something park'n or something, the RBS lip will not hold and crack and such. They are pretty easy to fix up, Its worth the effort, it just finishes all the lines to the car.....IMHO :D

Archived