LegacyGT.com

Coupe Legacy Sti ?

I want a Coupe Legacy Sti  

47 members have voted

1. 1. I want a Coupe Legacy Sti

• Yes - I want only 2 doors
    • No - All Legacy's should have 4 doors
    • A Coupe should be available for those who desire it

I think the white one has an enlarged JDM Spec-B front bumper, with Outback foglights, and an STi hood scoop. The black one looks really sharp. I would hope that a coupe would have a smooth upper window line, and I'd love to see one with RX8 style rear doors, without the weird quarter-window shape. Smooth curve with the same "kick up" at the back edge as the sedan.

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']I think the white one has an enlarged JDM Spec-B front bumper, with Outback foglights, and an STi hood scoop. The black one looks really sharp. I would hope that a coupe would have a smooth upper window line, and I'd love to see one with RX8 style rear doors, without the weird quarter-window shape. Smooth curve with the same "kick up" at the back edge as the sedan.[/quote]I might be able to do that tomorrow :D

I don't want a Coupe Adam, but I reaize a lot of people may, thus I'd like to give them the option. I like the sleeper appeal of a sedan or wagon and the greater versatility as well, but not everyone needs that. I see that extra option has become extra popular as well. :)

Watching a clip a couple times today of an Aston Martin DB9, somehow, I think Subaru has the ability to have an image of mechanical perfection (according to Jeremy Clarkson of Top Gear), handling ability, and looks that could kill of the Aston Martin brand, despite being more of an economy to mid-level car. This may not be a fair comparison to both Aston of Fuji, but I feel a resemblence, the external feel mostly, the solidity and improvements of the new chassis, the character and charisma of the new car, there is just some sort of connection I feel for some odd reason. With the natural progression Subaru has taken, I feel they may be moving themselves towards a very budget-minded and practical alternative even though lacking some features.

Based on this, I just think that Subaru/Fuji just have to play around with a few of these ideas. Im sure that is how the STi GT and Forester STi came about through show models and ppl's comments. If someone at Fuji/Subaru were to come up with a few tin top specials and put them in world wide car shows, Im sure in no time at all, they would have their answers regarding if its a goer or not?

With the right colors and subtle exterior modifications, I think the essence of the Aston's looks could be had. There will always be that difference in quality of a $25-30k car to a $100+k car in terms of materials mostly and features, but I think there are some similarities to which it can compare. It's a complicated topic so I'll leave it for another thread.

Hmm hard to say Seth but at the end of the day, these ideas have to be put on the table. But also, Subaru have to see not only a local market but also an international market for this type of car. Look at the differences NOW regarding the GT in USDM, UK and JDM spec. Then again, it would have been interesting if they sold the 22B in all countries? Maybe the interest just wasnt there then but may be now ??? Adam.

Seth, I dont think they are weird or even out there your comments, I think they make sense but Im sure that Subaru/Fuji are looking more and more at the global economy than just their own backyard. The cars they develop today are for the global market and as we have seen in recent times, things are looking great for the future. Will a coupe feature in the future? Who knows but its going to be an interesting ride.

Archived