LegacyGT.com

Good thing I didn't get an RX-8 ...

[url=http://carpoint.ninemsn.com.au/portal/alias__carpointau/tabID__3343/DesktopDefault.aspx] Carpoint.com.au - Gay Car of the Year [/url] (See under Latest News - javascript) This time i'm glad the subie didn't get a mention.... :D Mike.

are you an idiot? or do you just hate gay ppl? lol im not gay but i dont hate gay ppl.... BUT its not a bad award... just says gay ppl like it more... or somthing like that.... so if u took it like "audi tt is a gay car award" ur wrong... ah im too tired for this cr@p

The styling just doesn't do it for me, although when looking at it head on with the lights (I was in front of one this morning) I thought it was a Maserati Coupe at first with big foglights. And I've heard those cars suck up oil and have engine problems. But maybe they fixed 'em. The RX-7 is a hard act to follow, too.

[quote name='Uberoo']I'm gay and I don't like RX-8s or TT's. I prefer power over pretty interiors. I get far more turned by an STi with its hard 17-inch rubber and giant, flexible erect spoiler! :D[/quote] lmao. What's wrong with you IL people? :P

[quote name='Alex1']are you an idiot? or do you just hate gay ppl? lol im not gay but i dont hate gay ppl.... BUT its not a bad award... just says gay ppl like it more... or somthing like that.... so if u took it like "audi tt is a gay car award" ur wrong... ah im too tired for this cr@p[/quote] Alex's post sums it up far better than I. This board has moderators that I think are particularly willing to let things go. Tide has set the standard in this regard. But I have to tell you, that as a moderator, I draw the line at racist and sexist commentary. This thread is being watched so please, self-police. What makes this space different from other spaces is the generally more mature behavior therein. It isn't as pleasant as it was when there were but a few of us, but it's still quite nice. As it grows, new members will come in who might not understand, but they can understand members who lead by example. Please do so. Kevin

this topic somewhat came up on a site on which I am an admin ([url]www.tripleplate.com[/url] if anyone wants to check it out)--someone osted the top 10 "gay" cars according to some survey. What we basically decided was that gay people must have pretty good taste in cars, because most of the ones listed were ones we wouldn't mind driving. Subaru's tend to show up on such lists not too infrequently, too, btw...

[quote name='scubie02']Subarus tend to show up on such lists not too infrequently, too, btw...[/quote] Indeed. Subaru has identified the gay community as a very desirable demographic, mostly because of scads of disposable income, just like DINKs (Double Income No Kids) such as my wife and I. To this end, Subaru markets very heavily to the gay community, and has been rewarded with great sales numbers within that community, as well as the attendant brand loyalty. I talked to a couple at a Subaru meet-and-greet at my dealership, and they'd gotten out of an Outback into a Forester, and were getting into a used Outback. They loved the XT, but couldn't quite swing the fiscal nut. Car fans are car fans, and the RX-8 is a danged nice car, with one fundamental flaw: It's not a wagon. :lol: Kevin

I don't think they really market their cars that way, atleast not anymore. I think the outbacks used to be associated more with lesbians because it was more of an outdoors style car, and thats why they tended to like as well. But since the WRX came out Subaru's image has changed considerably. Now you say subaru and people start asking if it has a turbo and how fast or how well it handles.

[quote name='mmanus88']page didn't load, i hope your not spreading a virus of some sort. anyways the rx8 is a great car, highest reving production car or something like that. i don't know of any mainstream car that can beat 9k rpm rev[/quote] S2K much? ON a different note, B4 Maniac had one so what does that say about him? :P

[quote name='kanoswrx']I don't think they really market their cars that way, atleast not anymore. I think the outbacks used to be associated more with lesbians because it was more of an outdoors style car, and thats why they tended to like as well. But since the WRX came out Subaru's image has changed considerably. Now you say subaru and people start asking if it has a turbo and how fast or how well it handles.[/quote] Subaru does indeed still market to the gay community. They'd be foolish not to, as it's a lucrative market for the company. And it was the Forester that some more narrow-minded individuals associated with lesbians, because of Subaru's choice of spokesperson in a Forester advertisement. The "association" was born out of little more than an unfortunate intolerance. Kevin

[quote name='mmanus88']page didn't load, i hope your not spreading a virus of some sort. anyways the rx8 is a great car, highest reving production car or something like that. i don't know of any mainstream car that can beat 9k rpm rev[/quote] You're forgeting the S2000, 9000 rpm redline, highest hp/L output of any production N/A engine on the market at 120 hp/L. [img]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/7_6_04/DSCN2720.sized.jpg[/img] [img]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/S2000/guages.sized.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Euclid'][quote name='mmanus88']page didn't load, i hope your not spreading a virus of some sort. anyways the rx8 is a great car, highest reving production car or something like that. i don't know of any mainstream car that can beat 9k rpm rev[/quote] You're forgeting the S2000, 9000 rpm redline, highest hp/L output of any production N/A engine on the market at 120 hp/L. [img]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/7_6_04/DSCN2720.sized.jpg[/img] [img]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/S2000/guages.sized.jpg[/img][/quote] Just like I said above? :?

[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='Euclid'][quote name='mmanus88']page didn't load, i hope your not spreading a virus of some sort. anyways the rx8 is a great car, highest reving production car or something like that. i don't know of any mainstream car that can beat 9k rpm rev[/quote] You're forgeting the S2000, 9000 rpm redline, highest hp/L output of any production N/A engine on the market at 120 hp/L. [url]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/7_6_04/DSCN2720.sized.jpg[/url] [url]http://celicaman.f0e.net/albums/S2000/guages.sized.jpg[/url][/quote] Just like I said above? :?[/quote] hehe.. missed your post :oops: but mine has sexy pics :lol:

I'd take a 1.3 liter rotary over the S2000's I4 any day of the week, no offense to Honda folks. It is a nice engine. Both have 9k redlines, and make in the neighborhood of 240hp. The renesis is smoother, and even though it has less torque than most 6 piston engines, everything I have read, seen and heard says that the renesis is more "driveable" than the s2k's engine, due to the s2k's highly rev-sensitive nature. Add a turbo or supercharger, and it is no comparison. it costs BIG $ to get anything more out of the S2k, and although the renesis is still relatively new, there should be more performance "headroom" on that engine. Again no offense, but the honda's interior is gimmicky. I have to say that I hate the guages in the s2k, and the rest of the interior, save the engine start button, is not that of a sports car. it's too bland. Now if Mazda would just put the high-power 6port renesis and 6MT in the upcoming 3rd gen Miata, we'll just see about that. The miata's interior now is much more inviting than the s2k, and with the rx8's powertrain, the S2k could have some market trouble on it's hands. Not that mazda would ever do that...

[quote name='IwannaSportSedan']I'd take a 1.3 liter rotary over the S2000's I4 any day of the week, no offense to Honda folks. It is a nice engine. Both have 9k redlines, and make in the neighborhood of 240hp. The renesis is smoother, and even though it has less torque than most 6 piston engines, everything I have read, seen and heard says that the renesis is more "driveable" than the s2k's engine, due to the s2k's highly rev-sensitive nature. Add a turbo or supercharger, and it is no comparison. it costs BIG $ to get anything more out of the S2k, and although the renesis is still relatively new, there should be more performance "headroom" on that engine. Again no offense, but the honda's interior is gimmicky. I have to say that I hate the guages in the s2k, and the rest of the interior, save the engine start button, is not that of a sports car. it's too bland. Now if Mazda would just put the high-power 6port renesis and 6MT in the upcoming 3rd gen Miata, we'll just see about that. The miata's interior now is much more inviting than the s2k, and with the rx8's powertrain, the S2k could have some market trouble on it's hands. Not that mazda would ever do that...[/quote] I disagree. The Honda 2.2 is every bit more drivable than the RX-8's 1.3L rotary. The S2K makes 240hp, and I forget what the RX-8 makes...but it was overrated from facotry....never a good sign. As far as forced induction goes, I wouldn't turbo the Honda motor nor would I this new rotary. Contrary, I think the RX-8's interior is more gimmicky than the S2K's. I like the gauges. The car is focused and doesn't need a gaudy interior (and rotary "accents" to make it feel more "sporty."

Archived