LegacyGT.com

How to adjust your window "tilt in"

OK - my drivers door window has been a little leaky (since new) at higher speeds (70-80) or at 60+ if there is a crosswind. It's really annoying to hear wind noise howling at you in your new car......

anyways, through all fault of my own, my drivers door panel has to come off - and I was told by my dealer that it's possible to adjust how much the window is "tilted in". The more tilt - the more pressure on the door seal, and less likely to seperate and leak.

Yah, I could just go to the stealer and have it done, but they will be "unable to duplicate" and even then, they are still 50 miles away....I just don't have the time to waste.

Any clues?

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

well, i just read the directions, and let me just say that you have no business trying to do this hogmeat. I've seen the results of you trying other "adjustments" on your car too.

And frankly, if you couldn't figure out which album the pictures were in, you shouldn't even try. But I'll give you a hint ... it's from Oahu.

I've got the wind leak too, but at higher speeds, or with a fair crosswind. I've decided to leave mine be, as the window is quiet 98% of the time. If you adjust the window further inward, the weatherstrips compress more and wear faster.

I never knew you could adjust the tilt, maybe I messed it up when Do'n the install of my speakers.....who knows....

with frameless glass, the tilt is used to seal the windows. On a framed window, there's no need.

On the other hand, if you choose to do this, please take lots of pictures so we can enjoy the experience also! ;)

I'm only playin' with ya Hogmeat, but seriously, after reading the directions and seeing how complicated the whole window assembly is, I doubt I'd be one to be attempting this myself. Either way, I wish you the best of luck in resolving the wind noise. I had a 95 neon years ago that had some major issues with wind noise, so I know how maddening that can be. :mad:

well, i just read the directions, and let me just say that you have no business trying to do this hogmeat. I've seen the results of you trying other "adjustments" on your car too.

And frankly, if you couldn't figure out which album the pictures were in, you shouldn't even try. But I'll give you a hint ... it's from Oahu.

You guys are mean! :(

And yah, after reading all like 7 pages, and actually knowing LESS than when I started...I know i'm in over my head.

I had figured it may just be an "adjustment bolt" or something you could turn to camber it in or out. But no....it has to be a 72 step process, complete with perpendictular angles. :confused:

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

As for why it has to come off - a section of my door has to be repainted. $(*#!!!!!

A like 40mph wind gust took the door out of my hand (damn lightweight doors! I miss the big old heavy ones in my grand prix) and slammed it into the corner of my garage...bending the metal back was only $53, but painting will be $245.....

As for why it has to come off - a section of my door has to be repainted. $(*#!!!!!

A like 40mph wind gust took the door out of my hand (damn lightweight doors! I miss the big old heavy ones in my grand prix) and slammed it into the corner of my garage...bending the metal back was only $53, but painting will be $245.....

Oh sh1t Hoggers, you don't get any breaks do you. I'm sure your luck will change someday.

Archived