LegacyGT.com

Tein S or H Techs?

AKLGT

I'm trying to figure out which ones to get. H Techs have a .9" drop I believe and the S Techs have a 1.5" drop.

anyone have pics of each so i can compare? I don't want to lower the car too much due to our winter weather and becoming a snow plow!

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

i have h-techs

you can go to legacy photo and goto satin white and click on last couple pages

and you'll see picture of my car

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

Warranty stuff is always a gamble, My dealer would not void my warranty for drivetrain cuz of my springs...but that's not to say another dealer wouldn't....

Yeah I have the s-techs...

http://www.pimpmyauto.com/Pictures/Ksport/Large/DSC02104.JPG

how far off the ground are you with the s-techs and the h-techs? we get a lot of snow dumps here and there, so that's more or less what i'm worried about. my hubby has s-techs on his 04 Pontiac Vibe and the ride is just fine. it's the handling and ground clearance that i need to worry about. i'm hoping it will improve the handling but not make the car into a snow plow.

We just got hammered for snow again today (dear god i need something other than the greased sled re92.. almost slid out in front of a bus at a stop sign) And i had no clearance issues. I even have to get a pretty fast slide going to get it up our driveway and i didn't bottom out on the sidewalk or anything. I think it made the handling a little more predictable and not quite as scary when slippery, you dont get quite the same "im going to end up on the roof" body roll as before when hanging the back end out.

alright, thanks for the reply! ya, i had the RE92's up until last Saturday. and just as you described, I didn't slide into a bus, but an F250 pick up. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/trdvibe/2005%20Subaru%20Legacy%20GT/Car%20Accident%20Jan%2030%2006/CIMG6867copy.jpg

lmao! ya right! :p i could only wish! but it gets all fixed starting the 20th. isn't it nice of USAA to buy me a new JDM style grill?

Don't worry, USAA will get it out of you when they jack up your premium. That is, if you were the guy found "at fault."

i was, but they just lowered it substantially. i had another rate quote done 2 weeks ago (yes, i jinxed myself) and it was a good $65/mo MORE not including the renters insurance policy I currently have. I usually have it looked at every so often just to make sure it's all good. sure, it'll go up, but probably still less than what it used to be or around the same as before. as long as I don't wreck into anything else that's my fault for the next 3 year, I should be fine. lol.

my Blizzak tires rock though! but i think I'm going to go with the S-techs, what's another 1/2" right?

Archived