LegacyGT.com

The Perfect Launch

jonnyg113

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I launched the DSM around 250 times like that. Went through a few clutches, snapped the friction disk on one, everything else in the driveline was intact when I sold the car.

Did you see me miss the 1-2 shift? :) And 3/4 of the way down the track you can hear my SARD bov release.

somebody help me out..I am running STgII 91 v115, STi UP,5EAT.and 4000ft elevation.I did a test w/ my Tazzo today...no power braking..just foot to gas...in sport the computer displayed a 0-60 of 6.5..is this correct...will power braking to 3400 drop these times significantly..i mean it acts ass a turbo...you know..duh..duh..duh...oh shit!!!, but 6.5??on a stg II..

Yea....you are WAYYYYY off Marcus.....If 0-60 times are what you are after this should help.

5EAT #'s

**These #'s were done on a Gtech Comp Pro SS** @ different time's & temps**

These were BEST TIME runs

No Powerbraking....

Stock.......0-60 6.4

Stg 1.......0-60 5.9

Stg 2.......0-60 5.5

Protune...0-60 5.2

Powerbraked

**My car stock would only brake up to 3000....stg1 & pulleys 3500....stg2 3700.....Protune......3900-4100**

Stock........6.0

Stg1.........5.4

Stg2.........4.8

Protune....4.6

Those #'s were attained with more mods than just standard Stg equipment. But they are in line with what MBlock recorded with his equipment also.

My best 60ft time has been 1.69 @ the track....that was done with cool temps....great track surface....& about every mod you can put on the car , while still using the stock turbo;)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

MD77 - Does that unit need to be calibrated for vehicle weight?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Gotcha. Thanks! :)

----

Hum....this Tazzo unit still looks an awful lot like the first-generation G-Tech units....perhaps the obviously problematic performance numbers can be accounted for in the same way that we know the first-generation G-Techs to have the same shortcomings, i.e. mounting surface/placement, etc.?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

I can finally say that I know how to launch my '06 5spd WRX TR - thanks to the input and advice from this thread!

I now tach up to 4,500rpms and initially slip the clutch followed by a full release - by the time I release the clutch fully my other foot has the gas pedal to the floor. I leave the line with 5-7psi of boost built with no bogging of the engine, all four tires spin briefly and there's no stinky clutch smell. Just pure out-of-this-world acceleration!!!!!!!!!

Thanks guys & gals!

• 4 weeks later...
glad we could help... now go and kick some ass.

LOL! Thanks!

I'm headed to the dragstrip this coming Friday with AWDxBOOST. It seems like '06 WRXs are capable of upper 13 second passes, so here's hoping all goes well... :)

• 4 weeks later...

^ Eventually. ;)

I've been at typical "Stage II" power levels for about 8 months now, and I do about two 3K to 4K "slip"-style launches per week. ;)

So far, no problems - and no stink, either.

Usually, after a launch, I'll drive "normally" the rest of the way - I try to avoid back-to-back runs if at all possible.

I know that this won't last forever, but there are other members here on LGT.com whose stock 5MTs have also held well under such hard-use, and there are also a smaller portion who've exposed their stock 5MTs to much harder use without any noticeable adverse effects - at least for the time being.

• 2 months later...
Ok somebody needs to ellaborate on what this "blip" business is about. As I understand it, it will help me build some boost but how do I do that?

Instead of holding the pedal and rpms steady and then launching (no boost), blip the throttle (ie: rev the engine), when the needle passes the 4-4.5krpm mark engage the clutch, that way the "blipping" will build the boost so when you launch you will have power. If you just hold the rpms steady the car will blow off the built up pressure and you will bog your launch.

At least that is how I understand it...

Interesting... sounds like a good way to wear your clutch and/or throwout bearing but I'll hafta try it out, thx

Blip works very well for launch... can get a pretty good chirp out of all 4 tires

"I love the feel of wind in my face and boobies against my back." - BMW motorcycle rider

Archived